Busy CPU usage

tibboh

Arte et Marte
My daughter's Toshiba P4 2.8GHz laptop (A60, I think) seems to be performing ok, but I noticed that if it has a number of programmes running it boots up to 100% CPU usage, then even after shutting down all progs it still runs at max usage (until reboot).

Is there anyway to rectify this settings wise?

Thanks

should be spyware or you have an unwanted service running, try adaware scans

Get a hold of enditll & use that to kill all processes. While doing so have the task manager open & locked by enditall to see if you get the desired result. If so reboot, open enditall & kill the processes one at a time till you find the trouble maker.

eidt/ Direct Download

Run Adaware and Spybot, then go through Run on the start menu, thrash anything you don't need. Fire up Regedit and go to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and nuke some stuff that you clearly don't need. Should help with the initial windows load somewhat.

Also make sure she didn't install something like "Folding at Home" or "SETI". They will use 100% when the machine is idle but when you run something they go to sleep.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back