Business Card Design

Resilient

Prophecy
It's been a while since my last submission on here. I've been so caught up with University and Clients that I've hardly had any time to myself. But now that I'm back, you can expect to see a lot from me posted in this section. I'll start off by showcasing a business card design I've made for myself today.

Tools: Imagination, Inspiration, and Photoshop lol.
Time: Around 40 minutes each side.

Front
businesscardfront2fz.jpg

Back
businesscardback3pq.jpg

I've already shown this to Bilal (~bk) and got some feedback from him (he was excited to get my number! :laugh: and yes, I have blurred it out :lick: ) but I'd appreciate any comments / critisicm given. Thanks in advance. :)

It is going to be really expensive to print those up with all those different colors.

madmatt said:
It is going to be really expensive to print those up with all those different colors.

Yeah, it will be hehe. But I've got good relations with a few graphics design firms here. I'm pretty certain they'd give me a bit of an advantage with the costs. :)

Pretty sweet design, I'd be impressed.

Depends on the stock & finish though I imagine :s

kcnychief said:
Pretty sweet design, I'd be impressed.

Depends on the stock & finish though I imagine :s

Thank you! :) I'm going for a batch of 300, double-sided to begin with. Finish will most likely be matte. Wouldn't like it to have any sort of shine.

I love the back of the card.

Not so sure about the front.

Maybe change the color of the logo or the color of the url? The blue and brown don't seem to work together for me.

I done a sample print myself and it actually goes quite well on card lol. I've been getting a few reactions to the blue. But not sure what I can do with it. Got anything in mind bro?

Can something that vibrant/colorful/detailed really print well though?

on your front of the card, might want to change up the font type of your web address kind of looks too kiddy

Nice. The blue seems to clash a little with the back colors but the design is clean and professional (which is ALWAYS key).

Would it be off to change the logo background (leave the birds white) and text on the front to match the deeper colors on the back?

Coz then it will all blend nicely together.

madmatt said:

Nice work. Actually, you can get 1,000 full color cards printed for about $50 including shipping at Overnightprint.com (they actually advertise prices starting at $9.95).

I guess I was wrong. Although, I would still prefer to have mine done by a local print shop.

Nothing wrong with being wrong, as long as you don't make a habit of it... (I should know... been trying to break the habit for years now).

I like to support my local businesses, too (especially since I've worked for several of those local-type print shops). I especially hate it when terrific little mom-&-pop business go down the tubes because somebody like WalMart comes in. On the other hand, when the purchase relates to your business, you gotta watch that bottom line. Such is life...

I can vouch for overnightprints.com, great quality, fast printing and good pricing :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back