burning with 2 dvdr drives makes cds skip

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
ok have a friend with a problem and I can't figure out anything to help.

I'll try and be as detailed as possible.

ok, has 2 dvdr drives installed, when he goes to copy a cd with the original in one drive and the blank in another the cd does nothing but skip when it's playing.

Has the hd on one IDE cable and the two dvdr drives on another cable one set to master and one slave.

we have tried updating his via chipset drivers. Another guess that I have and we haven't tried yet is that he should have the drives on separate IDE cables.
Also, he asked me about the audio cable out of the dvdr drives but I thought you didn't need to use those anymore.

As for everything else OS is Windows XP and burning software is nero 6 that came with the drive.

on a weird side note he burned one disc where the first five songs didn't have any sound and then 6 played perfectly!!?!?!?

THe burners should be on seperate channels if you are doing disc to disc copying without first cachig on the hard disk.

that's what I thought I'll have him try it...so Lord before we try should it be hd master, dvdr slave, and then dvdr master on other cable?

ok sounds good. I'll make sure to tell him to make sure he remembers which one he puts as master on it's own cable and to put the blank disc in that one. The cables he has now aren't long enough to set it up so he might get a longer one

thanks for the help LoL

I've made copies drive to drive with both on the same IDE. The only problem I had was that the cache was not big enough to support a maximum speed burn. It ran dry just about 95% done. The drives can send/burn faster than my computer can pass the data even with UDMA turned on. So set the burn rate down at 24x or 32x.

Other than that I never had an issue.

he put it at 8x and it worked I'll make sure he looks at the post...thanks LeeJend

Hmm.. I've done DVD-ROM -> DVD+RW drive before with them both on same channel (DVD+RW was master of course) with no issues @ all.

XIE quit bragging about your computers throughput, it makes me feel inadequate.

LeeJend said:
XIE quit bragging about your computers throughput, it makes me feel inadequate.
haha sorry. If it makes you feel better the box stays off now since I got my mini. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back