but make it bootable. Now i've seen those guides with the old nero
which shows you exactly what to do with nice pictures, but i have
the newest nero, and you don't have those options anymore, as
i see it at least, so can anyone help me making a bootable
xp prof, (preferably with the latest updates also on it) with the newest
nero?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Yngwie II

Is the file ISO or NRG? Either way, from the FILE menu choose "BURN IMAGE" and select the file. There ya go.

Or in other words if you made an image file from your XP cd you can simply burn the file to cd as said above using 'burn image'.

If you copied the content of your cd to your harddrive you will need an extra boot file. To make a bootable cd with SP1 integrated follow one of the tutorials out there. Seems you found at least one already. I like this one http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=160.

No essential changes in the newest version of Nero that I know of. Just make sure you are not using Nero Express. There are two shortcuts in your start menu, one for Nero, one for Nero Express.

I don't know if it's just me that's retarded, but in the new nero
i don't see those old menus where you put in that boot names
and information. Can you please give me clear easy full instructions?

Can't remember the windows that pop up. You have the option of using a wizard or not. What you want to do is not use the wizard. Then you can do everything the guide shows.
<edit>
Ok here's how to get out of the wizard mode or nero express

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/Support_doc/PDFSwitch/NeroExpress1.PDF

Even better here is the Link to Nero's How to guides which should be able to gide you through whatever you need to do with nero

Thx a lot guys, it worked, i made two bootable copies.

Ummm, so let me get this straight, you made an image yourself of a real Windows XP CD and the image itself was not already bootable?? Hmmm.... A) You ripped it wrong or B) You didn't rip it.

For future reference, when making "backup" copies of bootable CDs, the easiest way would be to use Clone-CD or something similar, you won't need to waste time with trying to figure out how to make it bootable, it will already be bootable as it is an exact duplicate of the CD you are "backing up."

Don't you get it? He didn't create the image. He downloaded it, but he doesn't come right out and say that. We just helped him pirate something. If he wasn't smart enough to burn the disk, what makes you think he is smart enough to make an image?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back