Burning Vista DVD...

IDLE

OSNN Senior Addict
i am trying to get vista on dvd as a boot cd but every time i try it doesnt work properly. getting tired of wasting dvds.

i am using nero 7 premium. i tried using the ISO boot but it tells me its to large and i have to use the UDF.

how do i get thi to work?

Re: extremely stupid question...

vista comes from microsoft as a bootable ISO that you just need to burn using the burn image option in nero. Any other way makes you fancy cup stands.

i thought i have tried that but it actually burned the image file itself to the cd. so, if you broswed to the cd(DVD) you would see the ISO file and not the contents of the ISO.....but i can try that again. must have screwed somethign up...:)

Is it DVD or CD? (I have not downloaded it yet....)

WHAT A STUPID QUESTION!! J/k....i just opened the iso, roxio 8 opened for me and it burned. Then when i wanted to install it gave me an option to boot from disk...and i went from there...

Mastershakes said:
Is it DVD or CD? (I have not downloaded it yet....)

Vista is more than 2gigs...well the ISO is. so yes a DVD

Cool.

/shakes prepares to hijack a USB DVD burner from work .... don't worry, I'll bring it back. :)

where can i get an iso of vista from anyone care to pm me? :)

lancer said:
where can i get an iso of vista from anyone care to pm me? :)

you can DL it from anywhere. its the serial number that gets ya ;)

ok how do i get it legitimately?

lancer said:
Did you see this thread?
Nominations have closed now, but most people who signed up (with some exceptions, no idea why) got legitimate invitations to the tech beta program.

lancer said:

i registered from

connect.microsoft.com

and after about a week they asked my to do some boring testing of windows messenger 8. then 2 weeks later i was invited to beta test vista.

Jewelzz said:
I'm still trying to burn my copy of Vista :s
If you're using the correct method to burn the ISO (i.e. selecting the "Burn Image" option or something equivalent, rather than burning directly), and you've changed your BIOS settings so that the DVD drive is the first device in the boot sequence, then it might be a compatibility problem with the media/drive or a corrupted ISO.

The first thing you should try is to run a CRC check on the ISO you downloaded from Connect. A CRC utility is available on Connect at the same location you downloaded the ISO from; it's classified as a "Utility." Instructions on how to run it are provided along with the download. If it checks through and gives you the correct CRC value (compare it against the value on Connect), you can eliminate the possibility of a bad download.

In that case, run a CRC check on the burned DVD itself. This will take some time, but you need to make sure you get the same CRC value as before. If you run into a problem at this stage, it means that the media is bad or has compatibility issues with your DVD drive. In that case, try using a different brand of media, and a different type, if possible (for example, if you're currently using DVD+R, try DVD-R instead).

I had problems installing 5308 on my laptop because of media compatibility issues; the laptop is three years old, so the drive can't read certain types of DVD discs correctly. After three failed attempts with different brands/types of discs, what ultimately worked was a 8X Memorex DVD+RW disc. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back