Burning Songs on a CD with song-titles

Sazar

Rest In Peace
I don't particularly like a lot of the CD's I have. I tend to mix and match songs thematically.

However, using WMP11 to burn my stuff, while convenient and quick, isn't outputting things like song title, cd name and stuff like that.

What decent, Vista compatible, software is there that will allow me to name the cd and also display track information on a vehicle cd player that is designed to let you see that information?

If that isn't clear enough, let me know and I'll try to expand.

I'm looking for the same exact thing except the only place I've been able to do this is with Nero. Please someone post to this, because I'm looking for the same thing.

My car stereo shows the artist and song title but only with cds that have it. And nero is the only program I know that can make my own cds show the song title...rep for you saz...

First you need a ripper that will read the cd and get tag info from the ccdb. Rip to wav files so not to loose quality. After ripping the songs with the proper tags in place then use WMP11 to burn your new mixed cd and now your car deck should read the cd text.
Hope this helps.

This program is a great ripper which contacts the cddb library the only thing you have to install an aspi layer for it to work in Vista.
http://www.mp3-converter.com/audio_grabber.htm
And a free altertanive.
http://www.mp3-converter.com/cdda_xtractor.htm

Last edited:
I do know that with nero you can add your own titles so they show???

Is there another program that makes that possible besides nero?

Have not tried it myself in VISTA, but if you run under administrator privileges with RealPlayer/Rhapsody you should be able to rip, edit and burn in VISTA. You must run as admin.

Winamp is still fighting the VISTA transition. You might be able to rip and edit but playback will be problematic in 5 and 7 channel rigs.

Thanks for the information guys. More details/applications would certainly help.

Drz, I am going to rep you when I get home (and everyone else), but do you have more information perhaps? Or a link to a site which can help me out?

I have a library of thousands of songs from over the years and I want to burn a selection and sort them in 2 segments, artists/albums (easy) and thematic (more my style) so I can listen as needed. The first is easy coz I can just slap the cd I want there and the second is what I am looking to have available.

Also, older cd's dont' seem to have all the necessary information. I am fed up of looking at CD 4, track 12 :)

I'm looking for the same exact thing except the only place I've been able to do this is with Nero. Please someone post to this, because I'm looking for the same thing.

My car stereo shows the artist and song title but only with cds that have it. And nero is the only program I know that can make my own cds show the song title...rep for you saz...

Yah, it's been bugging me for a bit and my old car had the same problem but with my new one it's a bigger issue. I don't mind much about my mp3 player, because I can see whats playing (no ipod jack, but I don't have one so who cares, hate proprietary crap anyways).

Hopefully I can start burning new stuff soon :D

Cheers all, any and all advice on topic is welcomed.

I do know that with nero you can add your own titles so they show???

Is there another program that makes that possible besides nero?

If Nero is the only app, than Nero is what I will have to use.

First you need a ripper that will read the cd and get tag info from the ccdb. Rip to wav files so not to loose quality. After ripping the songs with the proper tags in place then use WMP11 to burn your new mixed cd and now your car deck should read the cd text.
Hope this helps.

This program is a great ripper which contacts the cddb library the only thing you have to install an aspi layer for it to work in Vista.
http://www.mp3-converter.com/audio_grabber.htm
And a free altertanive.
http://www.mp3-converter.com/cdda_xtractor.htm

Will this allow you to add information for older CD's that don't have this information?

I have some OLD cd's from over a decade ago that I still break out once in a while (yay Depeche Mode) which don't have this information.

Yes you can add / edit the text. The Version of this program I use is AudioCatalyst once owned by Xing now owned by Real the big difference is that the mp3 encoder is xing's own.

Ok, I just installed Realplayer Beta (it was on my todo list anyway) on Vista Home and it worked fine including editing track information.

was hoping ashampoo burning studio 6 or 7 would do it or the new cd burner xp pro ver 4 that came out but I don't think so either.

I'm shocked there aren't any music centric free or pay (besides nero) little burning programs out there. Saz and I can't be the only people looking for an easier way to do this.

Yeah, what Lord said. You need a burner capable of burning CD-Text (most modern burners), a program that allows you to edit cd text (Burrrn, burnatonce, others) and a player that reads CD-Text.

My suggestion is to check out www.burrrn.net

It doesn't get easier than that.

Yeah, what Lord said. You need a burner capable of burning CD-Text (most modern burners), a program that allows you to edit cd text (Burrrn, burnatonce, others) and a player that reads CD-Text.

What took you so long!!!! :nervous:

just kidding this is perfect, reps and reps, if I could rep you my whole rep I would...

are you talking about the CDTEXT ..or the maxi-cd's with video and such on them? If its the text your after ..then Nero is the only thing ive ever heard of that does it. As far as the video and extras on the cd ... i doubt it unless you could just clone the cd with alcohol or something.

Doesn't work. Tried burning a few cd's and I keep getting errors finishing the burn. :(

Going to have to take a look at Nero I guess.

try downloading winaspi.dll from nero and putting it in the Burrrn program folder. Then select external ASPI instead of SPTI.

Ok, revisiting this issue.

So, what legit program, like Nero, definitely allows copies of my cd's to be burnt WITH song titles?

I am annoyed because the last 2 new albums I purchased don't display the song titles in my car. Heck, the only one that consistently does is Prodigy's "Their Law" album which I am listening to again. The new Timbaland album and Sublime's double-cd set don't, which is pants :(

I guess based on the other posts in this thread, Nero is the way to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back