Burning CDR question

B

bmxjt

Lately, when I burn audio cds, I have been getting this noisy scratchy sound that I can hear on the cd when played on a stereo. This has happened before with an older cd writer I had and thought maybe it was just the writer. So, I upgraded and got a better one. Now, it's doing it as well. I've tried burning at different speeds, using different burning software and it still seems to do this. I thought it was the cd-rs before too, but its happening with all different kinds of cd-r's.

Has this happened with anyone else? Is there a solution? Is it maybe the laser eye getting dirty?

thanks!

few things that might help,
burn music at low speeds, it takes more time but the sound is much better.
if you have an option in your cdr software to copy the music to the HD b4 the burning do so.

i did try burning at different speeds. Even 1x

The music is always on my hard-drive to begin with. Not cd to cd.

How old is the CD player that you are playing the discs on, many are not intended to play CDR/RW discs. I know it sounds silly, but CDR/RW discs have a lower refectivity than normal industrially produced discs so this could be the reason, you could try looking for High Refectivity Discs, I have seen some around, but not for a while.

some are mp3's converted to wav and then burnt. Some are strictly wav files.

the cd player that they are being played on isnt that old. maybe 3-4 years at max

Well, you cant expect much from mp3s , does that happen when you burn CD to CD ?

Still at that age, it could be the refectivity.

Have you tried doing a CD to CD copy of a CD that you know works fine (no scratchings), and then tried the copy.

If the copy has the problems as well, then it would be the refectivity of the discs, if not then its something either in the MP3s themselves or in the burn process, also Nero I think can remove Hissing, and other things like that from the Audio file prior to burning.

Like I said. Its not the mp3s. It happens when it is strictly WAV files as well.

and as far as I know. It doesnt happen cd to cd. Although I rarely burn cd to cd so Im not sure.

if it doesnt happen cd to cd then either your doing something wrong, or there is a probalem in the streaming between the HD and the CDRW.

yeah. i thought maybe it could be something in the transfer between the hd and cd writer. Maybe I should make sure the cd writer and HD from which they are coming from are on the same IDE. or should they be on opposite?

Hard drive(s) should be on the Primary IDE
CD ROM/R/RW and DVD drives should be on the Secondary IDE

A lot of CD writers like to be the Master on the Secondary as do most DVD drives, honestly I dont think it matters.

ok well, my 2 HDs are sharing one IDe and my CDRwriter and DVD drive share the other. THe writer is primary only because of where its at in the tower.

So, maybe that isnt the cause

What modes are the drives in HDD, CD and DVD?

Modes being like PIO, DMA, and such.

Also what CD burning software are you using?

IM not sure what you mean as far as modes.

I've used Musicmatch jukebox and CD architect.

Im thinking now maybe it is the reflectiveness of the cdr in this specific player. Ive not noticed the sound when i think of it on my pc when i play it through the drives. And if i burn to a black cdr, it plays fine in this specific stereo system.

TRY NERO!!!!

or Feurio

They are the best for burning, then at least you can rule out a software prob

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back