burning cd errors

J

jams

I keep getting errors when I try to burn a music cd data seems to befine I get errors in both EZCD 5 platume and Nero I have up to date vers of both software and had them installed @ Different times I know there is a prob having more then one burning software on a system @ a time Here are the Errors I get

This one is EZCD 5

E80041899: Write error - buffer underrun occurred - [06/C5/00]
E80041925: TrackWriter error - Command retry failed - [T7118]

this one is Nero
thanks for th help :)
Jams

Buffer under run.......try closing all other apps & not using the comp while it burns.

What drives are you using? It helps to also put the drive on its own IDE channel.

what brand is your burner? does it have any burn protection? (i.e. plextor has burnproof)

also, post your specs. maybe your computer resources are hampering the burn process.

Originally posted by jams
I keep getting errors when I try to burn a music cd data seems to befine I get errors in both EZCD 5 platume and Nero I have up to date vers of both software and had them installed @ Different times I know there is a prob having more then one burning software on a system @ a time Here are the Errors I get

This one is EZCD 5

E80041899: Write error - buffer underrun occurred - [06/C5/00]
E80041925: TrackWriter error - Command retry failed - [T7118]

this one is Nero
thanks for th help :)
Jams

I had the same errors. I just make sure all other applications are not running including Anti-Virus, that seemed to solve the problem.

Have you ever gotten these two to work on the same machine?
I thought these two were incompatible to be installed together on the same machine. Therein might be the source of your problem.

Tried turning off everything running in the back groung ( all norton is off ) and there are no open windows other then EZCD
That did not help it still stoped and Errored out
I got 320 megs of mem .. the burner drive is I/O magic writer 24x10x40

I am going to try to move it to its own IDE channel when get back home

thanks for all te help :)
any other Ideas?
Jams

Maybe

maybe your burner needs a flash update. I know my philips burner needed one and solved my problems.

try also lower burning speeds . yes , happened to me at my last pc configuration ( K62 350 ) while doing something else during burning one cd - but this is not like yours ..

I just talked to IO Magic and they said not to burn Music over 8x
but data any speed
I just tried it seemed to fix the prob for now but is there anyway to make it burn @ 24x for music ?
does anyone else have to do this too ?
Thanks
Jams

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back