Burning audio cds with Nero

D

donkey

Ok this might be a simple task but I just got a burner and don't know how to compile a cd. I have a stack of mp3's and want to compile a cd but everytime I do this in Nero, it just saves like a 600MB image file and the cd contains nothing.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Originally posted by catch23
Open up Nero and go to the Wizard...Select Compile a new CD...Next...then Audio CD...then Finish...Then you should be able to browse to the MP3s and add them...I'm not sure if it converts them...if that's what you're doing then it's not...so you'll need to get a decoder and convert them to WAVs before burning them...

You can get a decoder from http://www.cdex.n3.net/ or http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

That's what I have done though. Used the wizard to compile an audio cd, dragged the mp3s accross and then burnt them. At the start of the burning process a box opens for me to save an image file. If I cancel, the process aborts, if I save a file, it's creating an image but nothing on the cd.

I thought Nero converted them as well. I have cdex if I had to convert them though but I'd rather Nero do it.

hmm thats weird cuz i use nero and it works fine for me even changes them to wav for me id try reinstalling it

I think I might have found the problem. In Nero under the tab cd-recorder, I only have one recorder available when it asks me to choose a recorder and that is only an image recorder.

I think that's why it might just be saving images and not burning but I'm not sure.

If this is the problem, how can I get a recorder to burn a cd and not images?

I think I figured it out. My burner wasn't supported by the version of Nero I was using. I'm downloading the update now which supports my burner and I'll test it after that to see if it works.

Thanks for the help as well.

Originally posted by donkey
I think I figured it out. My burner wasn't supported by the version of Nero I was using. I'm downloading the update now which supports my burner and I'll test it after that to see if it works.

Thanks for the help as well.

Good Luck!
:D

Media player has a more than usefull burner, the copy to CD function.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back