burner problems

C

cabmustang

after installing service pack 1 my burner fails to burn. every time i try it gives me an error message of wrong media in drive, but there was a cd/rw in the drive. and it can't be the disc because i'v tried multiple discs. also my external cd burner works fine but my internal doesn't work. any help would be much appreciated. i'm tired of burning at 4x:)

I would first uninstall the burn software. Check to see if the burner will play a music CD, read data. Reinstall your burn software.

ok, i tried uninstalling the burner and software and still no luck. but if i uninstall service pack 1 my burner will burn fine.

not knowing just what burner you have or software your using....its hard to really help...but if unistalling service pak 1 fixes your problem...then there ya go....but Im gonna say its a driver issue or ASPI issue with your burner.....does this give you the same error with a factory cdr...not blank or cdrw..but maybe a Software CD or Audio CD

it's the same with all cd's. i also cannot read any cd's. i am using a TDK 241040 cd burner with the latest version of nero installed.

yeah

jroc is probably right. since u installed sp1 it probably uninstalled ur aspi layers which u need to run a cd-rw properly. so just reinstall them and tell us what happens

what the hell?

Originally posted by cabmustang
thank you for having me download a dialer.......
what the hell are u talking about thats not a dailer i even downloaded it my self just to check and its apsi layers

i checked it a few times. the file that it trys to download is "descargas.exe". it downloaded, i opened it. and then it was in some foreign language and so i just clicked and it started dialing.

ok. i installed the aspi layers and it still doesn't work. any other suggestions

ok i'm still having problems with my burner and now noticed that service pack 1 also messed up my floppy. does anyone know what this could be, it's getting very annoying. thanks for any help you can give.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back