built in cd buring option gone??

A

AmarSingh

apparently i no longer have the option to burn cds from within xp. I never used the feature, but i noticed one day it was gone. Im suspecting it happened either when i installed my new cdrw or when i installed aspi. Now, how do i go about getting this option back without a format?? (ps i use roxio.....i know, i know, but i dont think that is the cause)

look in the service for IMAPI Burning. See if it is disabled.

well i had it set to manual, and i put it on auto, but still no luck. before when i clicked on an mp3 file or a movie file in the left task pane it would give me the option to burn it to a cd, but that is gone (still there on my laptop). Also, i think there was a format option for blank cdrs and that is gone too.

hmm i just took a look at msconfig and it says that the manufacturer for the imapi service is roxio inc!!.....Roxio has done it again. I guess ill try uninstalling it.

from what I understand the built in was designed by Roxio.

Remove the "cd burning" update Q309691, reboot then go to MS and get the update again. It worked for me.

You will get a message when you try to remeove it saying a bunch of stuff may not work, just ignore it

Of course if you havn't got the update then get it

Originally posted by Khayman
Remove the "cd burning" update Q309691, reboot then go to MS and get the update again. It worked for me.

You will get a message when you try to remeove it saying a bunch of stuff may not work, just ignore it

Of course if you havn't got the update then get it
nope, didnt work

The mp3 must be in the My Music folder for you to see the copy to cd on the left. If it's not then just right click on the mp3 and select copy to audio cd.

no its not just that.....i really dont use that option to burn mp3s anyway. The abaility to burn in xp is gone all together. It wont let me format a blank cd or anything else. There is no option to do so anywhere

hmmm....i just noticed something else. There is a program called ImapiRox and one called imapi in my system32 folder and the one that is loading is the ImapiRox one. Which starts for everybody else??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back