Building New Computer, Questions And Advice Needed

P

psx2000

I am planning to build a new computer for myself to play games and edit some video.I have a dvd burner and cd burner and everything else needed. Below is my specs.

MotherBoard: Gigabyte AMD: GA-7VAX KT400
CPU: XP2200 (rather get xp2600, not sure on release date.
MEMORY: 3 sticks of Corsair Memory DDR PC3200 512MB
VIDEOCARD: ATI Radeon 9700 PRO 128MB
Sound Card: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum

Are they anything I could improve or changes I could make?

Is that soundcard worth money or is the cheaper Audigy Gamer that runs around 99 do the same thing basiclly?

Is there a better motherboard? Here is my selection choices.
http://www.byteware.net/index.php?page=default&cPath=144_20

For the memory i was thinking of getting 1 gb sticks but I cant find them anywhere.

Sounds pretty good...
If I was buying that list I do'nt think I would worry about the price difference of the sound card...

System looks pretty good, I can't really offer any advice on a sound card, as I'm using the onboard ac'97 from my msi mobo, but that makes no difference when you have it hooked to a nice home stereo :)

As for memory, I would stick to the 512mb sticks, 1gb sticks go up in price a tad, that, and the only ones I could find at newegg are crucial 1gb REGISTERED sticks, running for a cool $400 :rolleyes:

You'll be set with what you have listed, don't sweat a thing!

Ummm, the Gamer Audigy is the same card, it just doesn't come with that fancy Audgy Drive thing. Also if you wait a wee bit for the sound card, the Audigy 2 will be released soon.

u should be careful bout runnin more than two sticks of ram....some boards have issues with usin all the slots full

as for 1gb sticks you're not going to get it in pc3200...fastest 1gb stick i seen is pc2100.

check pricewatch

ALOHA

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back