Building new Comp!

is it worth spending the extra money on an antec power supply?

or are other 400-600 systems just as good for less money...

and is it a must to have dual 12v ?

on the power supply you will not pay more for an antec than for another good power supply. you don't get cost down without sacrificing something (quality, reliability, warantee).

You want a power supply that will warantee replacement of your cpu/mb/ram/video if the power supply craps out violently.

you also need a supply that meets the atx 2 standard - new mb connector, dual +12v outputs, etc.

there are other good brands (enermax) and there are brands that have burst into flames when tested below their rating. BIGGER W MEANS NOTHING! Its marketing hype.

you're building a Maserati in your garage. would you put a hyundai engine in it to save a few bucks?

The Tagan is a very nice PSU, the 12v+ line is very reliable. However, it does come with a lot of extra cables that you might not need, so you'll need to spend some time organising your case a bit, otherwise it'll be a complete mess. Otherwise, what you get in return weighs more than what you pay :)

There's also a modular Tagan PSU on the market, but that's pretty expensive.

i was talking to a friend who is running an ABIT FATAL1TY AN8 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard and he loves it. When reading the specs for this mobo I noticed that it has SATA2 instead of SATA 150 ports. I want an SATA HDD but is there a limited selection of SATA2 HDD's. will SATA 10 drives fit this mobo? of not what are some good SATA2 drives around (160gb-300gb) ?

Last edited:
Seagate, Maxtor, Hitachi, all amke SATA II drives. and all are damn good :D, none however can trasfter data faster then 100mbps so theres no reason to get yoursef in a knot over them.

Consider ditching the AIW series and going with an indepednent GPU and TV Tuner.

This way you can go AGP or PCI-E w/o having to worry about what you TV tuner can be plugged into.

took sazar's advice and got a seperate fm tuner and chose a better graphics card.
check new specs.

What are your opinions on the following SLI boards:
>>>DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

>>>MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

>>>ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

I figure If I go SLI and then buy a MSI NX6600GT-TD128E Geforce 6600GT 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 Video Card
and use one until I can afford another

Is it worth getting an SLI MOBO if im not gonna buy a anoher video card for a while

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back