Building my own website help

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I am trying to build my own website, and in the last three weeks I have successfully done nothing that even looks like a webpage. It is just a scary mess. I am a newbie to this. I am trying to use Frontpage. Is there by any chance that there is a webpage builder with some step by step instructions as I go along available out there? I have tried the trial version of CUTESite builder, but that left me with even more of a headache. There must be something easier than Frontpage? Thanks in advance...........

Maybe I should just give up....

Heeter

Dreamweaver MX if you can afford it or use the trial

I am going to move this thread to the "Coding & Design" section... I know that you seem to be looking for an "App" that will help you, but in that section all the HTML Coding and Design Gurus will be able to help you more. :)

gonaads S MOD

Thanks Gonaads,

For the help so far. Where can I find the a trial version of either Adobe or Dreamweaver.

Heeter

Awesome, Thanks for the Help.
Hopefully this will be better than FrontPage or CuteSiteBuilder

Thanks Gonaads

Heeter

Swish is also good if you cant get yourself round Dreamweaver - its a sort of simplified version.

swish is nothin like dreamweaver... swish is the alternative to flash :p

I would also have to recommend Dreamweaver. Just make sure you go through the help files and learn a little about it. It's simple enough to learn, but you might as well give yourlself that extra help.

Wow, these programs are expensive!!

Good thing for trial testers! I have downloaded both and now going to install them. I certainly hope that they are easier than Frontpage for a noob like me. Frontpage is depressing to work with. Thanks for all your recommendations. If someone wants to help me setup my first webpage, I won't hold you back, LOL

Heeter

I don't know if they are easier than Frontpage, but since Frontpage is a POS they are definately better. Hope you like em! :)

Make sure you tick the boxes to make your code XHTML compliant, its the future of the web, you dont want to be left behind

Thanks Geffy,

I am going to look at that right now.

Heeter

Dreamweaver MX is, without a doubt, the best WYSIWYG editor out there. Great for hand-coding too.
:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back