Building Athlon 64 PC need pricing advice

Scott Young

Real picture of me
Im going to unload what little cash i hav on a new PC purely for gaming.

Heres the specs:
Parts i have-
Q-tec 450w PSU
Geforce 6800 A400
Creative dvd drive
Chenbro gaming bomb case

Parts i need-
Athlon 64 3500+
512 RAM
Some sort of motherboard

I'm wonderin where i can get the cheapest parts, ive had a look here:- http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Athlon_64_Bundles.html

Interested in the £320 3500+ package. Is there cheaper in the UK? I do have an american friend that could ship some stuff over cheaply but that might be a long wait.

What do you all think? (Need some motherboard advice especially)

Best to look around.. I've seen a few motherboards in Dabs that are cheaper than OCUK.
Obviously, bundles are meant to be cheaper than purchasing separately, but check that they give you all the parts that you actually want.

Scott Young said:
Im going to unload what little cash i hav on a new PC purely for gaming.
QUOTE]

I thought the same thing about my current PC. :lick:

yes UK sucks for extra tax charges. ive looked around, cant see betterthan OCUK at the min, but ill be talkin to this american guy see howmuch cheaper he could get PC parts for

one thing to remember is that if something goes wrong with the rig (and no-one can deny this happens) -- returning it to OCUK will be alot easier than getting it back to the states. RMA'ed various items and at least once to OCUK and they have been very good about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back