Building a new system(part 2)

the 3700+ is afaik offered for socket 754... not socket 939... the sckt 939 lineup includes the 3500+, 3800+ and the fx-53...

Yup, the main thing is is that if you go Socket 939, you should get the 3500+
If you go Socket 754, you should either go 3000+ or 3200+

Good choice for PSU, it's the exact same one I'm running right now on this comp, and it works like a dream. However, if you can find it, I wholeheartedly recommend a Tagan 480w PSU; it's 12v rail is pretty staggering for its price (in the UK anyway).

Newegg don't seem to have the Zalman CNPS7000*B*-Cu variant, which works with socket 939. If you can find it though, it's definitely a great buy, works very well even on its lowest speed setting.

Lastly, I picked up the 6800GT over the ATI competitors mainly because of the OGLbenchmarks, and the support for pixelshader 3.0 (although whether it's need or not currently can be debated). Plus, you can overclock it to Ultra speeds, if you pick one up from a decent brand. You could do the same with an X800 pro to XT, by modifying 12 pipelines to 16 I think), but it's a complicated task.

Bleh, OK, it was late and the past week has been well different...I meant the 3800+ I know this is what Udawg ended up doing in the end after AMD announced the price cuts... He told me about it, when he mentioned the price cuts as well. You do need to keep it in budget though. Thing is, over time one can get more for less money...

That would have to be looked up though to see if the price drop was enough to keep it in projected budget...

You might look to see if they have a swifty for skt 939...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back