• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

build me a system

P

pothitos

I am building a system for a friend for 700 pounds so i just wanted to know what you all thought i should use and what you think would work well for that amount (incl. monitor and keyboard, ect.)

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
As all know we like to recommend expecially our components ( that we've tested .. ) but I'll try to make a different choise . In your actual budget you must take care to choose the components that '' fits - you '' if you understand what I mean .. not so cheap bu not so expensive , in this case [ .... ]

Recommended system in this period ( my choise )
1. An Athlon based system ( especially Athlon XP 1800+ )
2. Mobo : MSI or Epox ( Asus too expensive )
3. Monitor : matters so much but I'll give you all information only if you really want cause I don't want to make this a "very" personal opinion
4. That's all you've asked !

For more information ( detailed ) contact me by PM ...

If Bluekelt is right, and 700 pounds is around 1100, well,
my system cost 1109 total. :

AMD XP 1900
1024MB PC2700 DDR RAM
nVidia Geforce 4 4400
Sound blaster 5.1 live
IBM 120GXP 120GB
420 Watt PSU
CDRW- 32x/12/40
DVD 16x

I believe now this would be cheaper; so maybe you could get a faster CPU...

GA7VRXP KT333 5PCI AGP4X DDR333 Audio USB2.0 UDMA133 LAN ATX - Retail; some dealer in New York online sells it for 100; but looks like the average online price around from 100-110.

P

pr00fX

man thats pretty lame so for about 1100 us dollars it would still cost you about 1100 pounds?

W

whiteboyhatcher

Hi,

how about a P4 2.4 ghz @ £149 + vat
Asus P4S533 @ £65.33 + vat

I saw reconditioned monitors at the local computer fair for - check these prices out! - 21" £99!!!

This fair was in croydon, a bit far from you, but maybe worth a look.

The chip and mobo from ebuyer.com

Just so its not ALL amd!! (hehehe)

Good luck with whatever you decide
:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar