Bug from "copy to/move to" reg file

R

Ramanuman

Has anyone else seen or heard about this ?

I applied this site's tweak that adds the options "copy to" and "move to" to the files and folders' context menu.
It works great and I love it.

But now, whenever I select multiple files to open, a "copy to" and "move to" dialog box will appear for each of those files. And they won't open untill I cancel the boxes.

It always happens, at least with .doc, .txt, .rar and .zip files, and only when selecting several files and then right-click>open.

Any solution to this bug ?

Hi Ramanuman,
could you let me see the reg tweak. It may just require a switch or it could be a bug like you say in XP.

Hi Dirk,
Thanks for jumping in so quickly.

I can't show you the tweak as I didn't apply it manually. -It's a reg file that can be downloaded from this very site, at
http://www.xp-erience.org/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=14#f

I didn't take any precautions before applying it, and therefore don't know what changes it made to my registry exactly.

Thanks in advance if you can help. But if not, maybe I should try and find a way to contact the author(s)...

I've looked at the reg file and it looks fine, so it must be a bug in XP. Sorry I can't help you out.

No problem, thanks for trying :)

(I sure wish I knew how you figured there was no problem with the tweak though...)

Any Ideas why the copy to/move to dialog pops up when I click on a link in someones icq message (2002a)

I still have no idea why it pops up when I try to open multiple files...

-I also posted this in the "Website problems/feedback" section, and no answer yet.

Hi Dirk (or anyone else who could help...).

Before I do something stupid, how could I go about undoing the changes that reg tweak made ?

I've opend the reg file with notepad, and it doesn't look very complicated, but I am not sure how to interpret the commands in there ?

Here's the text inside :

-------------------------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]
@="{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
@="{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Send To]
@="{7BA4C740-9E81-11CF-99D3-00AA004AE837}"
-------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ramanuman,
its easy, just go into your registry to the above position and delete the KEY that you dont want to see.
The KEYS are called:-
CopyTo
MoveTo
SendTo

Only delete the KEYS that are giving you problems, why delete something that works OK.

Or if you have a little time, just delete one problem KEY at a time and see if that cures the problem your having.

Thanks Dirk.

I'd figured it would be so easy. In fact, I thought I'd try just that.

But like I said : "before I do something stupid...".

:eek: :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back