• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bug from "copy to/move to" reg file

R

Ramanuman

Has anyone else seen or heard about this ?

I applied this site's tweak that adds the options "copy to" and "move to" to the files and folders' context menu.
It works great and I love it.

But now, whenever I select multiple files to open, a "copy to" and "move to" dialog box will appear for each of those files. And they won't open untill I cancel the boxes.

It always happens, at least with .doc, .txt, .rar and .zip files, and only when selecting several files and then right-click>open.

Any solution to this bug ?

D

Dirk Diggler

Hi Ramanuman,
could you let me see the reg tweak. It may just require a switch or it could be a bug like you say in XP.

R

Ramanuman

Hi Dirk,
Thanks for jumping in so quickly.

I can't show you the tweak as I didn't apply it manually. -It's a reg file that can be downloaded from this very site, at
http://www.xp-erience.org/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=14#f

I didn't take any precautions before applying it, and therefore don't know what changes it made to my registry exactly.

Thanks in advance if you can help. But if not, maybe I should try and find a way to contact the author(s)...

D

Dirk Diggler

I've looked at the reg file and it looks fine, so it must be a bug in XP. Sorry I can't help you out.

R

Ramanuman

No problem, thanks for trying :)

(I sure wish I knew how you figured there was no problem with the tweak though...)

T

Twink

Any Ideas why the copy to/move to dialog pops up when I click on a link in someones icq message (2002a)

R

Ramanuman

I still have no idea why it pops up when I try to open multiple files...

-I also posted this in the "Website problems/feedback" section, and no answer yet.

R

Ramanuman

Hi Dirk (or anyone else who could help...).

Before I do something stupid, how could I go about undoing the changes that reg tweak made ?

I've opend the reg file with notepad, and it doesn't look very complicated, but I am not sure how to interpret the commands in there ?

Here's the text inside :

-------------------------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]
@="{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
@="{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Send To]
@="{7BA4C740-9E81-11CF-99D3-00AA004AE837}"
-------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance.

D

Dirk Diggler

Hi Ramanuman,
its easy, just go into your registry to the above position and delete the KEY that you dont want to see.
The KEYS are called:-
CopyTo
MoveTo
SendTo

Only delete the KEYS that are giving you problems, why delete something that works OK.

Or if you have a little time, just delete one problem KEY at a time and see if that cures the problem your having.

R

Ramanuman

Thanks Dirk.

I'd figured it would be so easy. In fact, I thought I'd try just that.

But like I said : "before I do something stupid...".

:eek: :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies