• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

BT Internet

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
I don't think so, as it is all calculated at their end... I really want to switch ISPs away from BT as the packetloss is high, and that makes it horrible for online games.

dpr

NTFS Junkie
I changed from bt anytime to aol after getting the bt e-mail saying I was over using the service. As far as I am concerned aol are better than bt, and if you change ur bt anytime account to a bt pay as you go account you can keep your e-mail address as well

i was on bt anytime it was quite fast but i quit because they banned me for being on for16 hrs or somfing - which is complete crap its a 24/7 service and i wanna use it 24/7

im now on freeserve its a bit slower but i ALWAYS connect 1st time and it doesnt disconnect me every 2 hrs

R

robin.munro

BT....

I used to use their service - BT NO Time

Turns out the program watchdog spoke to some employees and they told them that they were actively disconnecting 'Anytime' customers as they didn't make themselves much profit!!!

Hence when I was on Anytime it could take 30 connection attempts to pick up e-mail and then I got disconnected 5mins later. If I dialed up on the pay-as-you go package. I got on straight away and never got cut off!

Anyway, BT are dying in Edinburgh as they only have analogue exchanges and Telelwest was my only option for broadband...

And I have never looked back since.... EXCELLENT service for £25 quid a month flat fair.

Bytes Back

Ex Police Chief
Originally posted by New Disease
i was on bt anytime it was quite fast but i quit because they banned me for being on for16 hrs or somfing - which is complete crap its a 24/7 service and i wanna use it 24/7

im now on freeserve its a bit slower but i ALWAYS connect 1st time and it doesnt disconnect me every 2 hrs
Huh, I'm on Freeserve Anytime and it always disconnects every 2 hours, How can you be circumnavigating this ?

yea im supposed to be disconnected every 2 hrs but im on the free trial so it must be somfing to do with that ......or im dialing the pay as you go number...

2z

OSNN Gamer
Originally posted by dpr
I changed from bt anytime to aol after getting the bt e-mail saying I was over using the service. As far as I am concerned aol are better than bt, and if you change ur bt anytime account to a bt pay as you go account you can keep your e-mail address as well
:D AOL are the only UK dialup ISP to give truly unlimited access
:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies