BT Broadband Logon problem

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
whenever i connect to my broadband connection i have to wait up to 2 mins before the 1st page will open. says page found and waiting, then all of a sudden it bursts into life and all is fine. i was wondering if there is anything i need to do on the dial up connection to stop this nothingness once i connect.

i got the latest drivers and my system is 100% up to date.

I would assume you are using XP and therefor you are not using any additional software to connect to the internet, so this will probably be a pointless post....

When I was running Win2K I had to use Enternet 3000 to connect my DSL. Connecting was not an issue, but when I would open IE/Opera I would have to wait 1 - 2 minutes while it was detecting the proxy settings and then once the page finally came up all was good. I never looked for a way to stop it b/c I figured it was probably necessary and besides that I only disconnect to reboot, so I only had to deal with it detecting those proxy settings once in awhile.

I'm just wondering if it is two minutes you're waiting? I only say coz my ADSL connection (freeserve / Alcatel) does the same but it probably isn't really 2 mins!!

If like me you have the ADSL set to come on at start up I can only assume that your PC is busy churning through all the other startup stuff hence the delay....

Mubbers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back