BT are dumba**es!

Z

ZAnwar

If you live in the UK, you probably seen the new BT (British Telecommunications) advert. A woman says that she got BT broadband because she likes to download music; since she got broadband, she has downloaded music more than ever.

Are BT dumb, they are promoting Warez music filesharing, if there are legal ways of downloading music, I don't know them!?!

Originally posted by ZAnwar

Are BT dumb, they are promoting Warez music filesharing, if there are legal ways of downloading music, I don't know them!?!

Where've you been living? On the moon?

Theres plenty of legal ways to download MP3's you just have to pay for them first.
Sometimes MSN has an offer where you can download 5 mp3's for £4.99 :)

Re: Re: BT are dumba**es!

Originally posted by Evil Marge
Where've you been living? On the moon?

Theres plenty of legal ways to download MP3's you just have to pay for them first.
Sometimes MSN has an offer where you can download 5 mp3's for £4.99 :)

I don't think that people will pay 20 pound to download 20 songs!

there only objective is to make money just like every other company.

kazaa started out as a business...

The record and movie companys are businesses...

and businesses will do anything to survive and i can assure you if P2p made them money every company on the planet would want a piece of the cake.

BT dont condone it but they dont care. BT only acts on illegal file swapping when it harms their business (just like all others isps i know of) i.e. RIAA threatens to take legal action against them - they dont want to lose millions in a court case when they could scare the **** out of a customer by a nice formal letter demanding removal of the file.:)

and verizon another example they only stood up for their customer (with 600 mp3s) not out of the kindness of their hearts but cuz they were scared of losing all their customers if theyd shopped him. with no questions. so they thought to the death:)

get what im saying:cool:

peace out

proof of BT's Dumbness (is that a word)

I had a conection problem with an openworld account, it would connect but would not allow access to web or email.

Anyway the conversation with bt openworlds tech support went something like this...

Tech: What number are you dialing?
Me: Im not, its a broadband account
Tech: you still have to dial a telephone number?
Me: erm (what else could I say)
Tech: Well?
Me: ok, what phone number should I be dialing?
Tech: so you dont have the number?
Me: arrrgghhhhh [click]

By the way whats Jarvis ****ers opinion of MP3 as he seems happy enough to appear on a BT advert about downloading music.

after watching http://www.rathergood.com/mark - i dont think jarvis ****er should be allowed a comment about anything lol.

ntl once used to push their broadband on the bonus of getting music and programs quicker... then they slap a 1gb per day cap on us... makes sense lol

like XP Abuser said... the ISPs will only act when the customers' usage affects their network.

The fix to it all... Offer a webpage where I can go and pick songs from my favorite artists and for, let's say, $20... Let me pick 15 songs, burn them to disk and send it to me. I would pay for that service. Truth is that artists DO deserve to get paid for their work. Anyone who believes differently is just plain ignorant. I don't like that in order to get 1 song from a band (when I don't like any of their other music) that I have to pay $15+. That's stupid. The RIAA is going about it all wrong. Alienating the consumers. They deserve what they get.

who ever said MP3's where illegal? (are they in the UK?) there only illegal in the USA IF your don't own the album they came from. and if you don't own that album your allowed to have the MP3's on your computer for I think 24 hours or something.

good idea... they could have burn-stations at HMV etc where you choose the music you want, insert a few quid and the cd pops out with a case inlay and a jewel case.

thats a great idea :D

I'd definitely pay for that!!

krux, nobody is really gonna download 3 albums of music... listen to them and then 24hours later, delete them from the computer (well... without burning them to cds first lol)

the rules are something similar in the UK afaik.

well I was just saying, and the rule here I think is on your computer (hard disk) just burn your mp3' to a cd :)

lol wait til they realise people do that... then they'll change the rules again!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back