Bsod

sboulema

OSNN Veteran Addict
Ok heres the problem: whenever my pc feels like it, it gives me the bsod.

------------------------------------
page fault in nonpaged area

symevent.sys

stop: 0x00000050 (0x89f9fc90, 0x00000000, 0xf11de705, 0x00000000)
------------------------------------

Please help !!!!!!! :mad: :(

First, symevent.sys is a Symantec Utility Driver.
Second, you may want to make sure you have the latest version of symevent.sys. You can get it ....hang on stupid links aren't working right!

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!! You can get it @ symantec. The link won't work in any way that I try to put it here. :mad:

See above. For some reason, the link doesn't work right.

here it is if you wanna try it. For some reason, it is adding spaces that I cannot remove. :mad::

add an "h" here--> ttp://service2.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/d3c44a1678bd8f45852566aa005902cb/da16801bbff0d4db8525698300572629?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=2,4

i havent seen the bleuscreen yet... so lets wait. will keep you guys informed if i see a bsod...

F*CK :mad: got the blue screen again. Saying symevent.sys blablabla and a different error code:

stop: 0x00000050 (0xc182000f, 0x00000000, 0xf12d0705, 0x00000000)

Please help!!!!! :(

Glaanieboy youre link doesnt work :( and i already updated my symevent.sys with the symantec updater... didn't help :(

Okay. It's a bit of a harsh method, but have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the thing? I did a search on the internet and there wasn't much information there either...

it doesnt have an entry in the add/remove window. So dont know how to uninstall and reinstall... Any other ideas :(

would it help if i uninstalled all the symantec programs and remove all the registry entries and then reinstall again?

Since symevent is used by different Norton programs you should in any case uninstall all. Even this may not completely remove it. There is a tutorial on the Symantec site about how to remove it manually. Direct links to Symantec seem not to work here, so I attached it in a txt-file.
Don't have another idea than uninstalling and reinstalling. May perhaps work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back