[bsod] Irql_not_less_or_equal

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
Ok, i got the following STOP error twice now just in the past 10-30 minutes. It has happened both time under similar circumstances. From what i gather it is related with a driver upgrade... however i havent updated any drivers recently. Here are the specs.

Windows XP Pro, SP2.
1024MB PC2700 Crucial RAM
160GB Hitachi Deskstar

At both times of the BSOD, I was ripping a CD in iTunes @ 192k (MP3) as well as seeding 4 torrents not incredibly large in size and actually not very active (using ABC 2.6.9), also chatting on AiM and MSN with Trillian 3.1.

System was fine until i actually started to rip the disc so im not sure if its related but really having a random reboot happen in the middle of things is rather annoying :p

edit: Also this was about the eleventh disc i had started ripping, the other 10 ripped fine. Maybe iTunes just doesnt like Aerosmith :s

Electronic Punk said:
Which soundcard do you have?

On board nVidia, AC'97 i imagine. however it was put to me that this could be graphics related. Im running GeForce4 MX on board w/ dual head. So i opened up the msconfig and stopped the nVidia startup exe. So far nothing, but really i will need to check again.

If you have other ideas tho, please share them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back