BSOD help

gillmacca

Macca
I am presuming this is a hardware error, but beyond that I have no idea.
When playing games this happens randomly.

Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
stop: 0x000000D1 (0x61D000B2, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF921F317)
USBPORT.SYS
address: F921F317 base at F9219000

Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Many thanks for your help

well from quickly reading the error, which sometimes are very vague. It look like your USB drivers or rather something inwolving your USB is causing the BSOD. Have you installed any new hardware or made any changes recently?

This is actually a problem on my brother's pc, and the only thing I can think of that has been added is a AEI USB to fast ethernet adapter.
On talking to him, he says it only crashes when playing games. The games vary from yahoo pool to world of warcraft, but this also happens when he is playing offline games (football manager 2005, etc)

I would reinstall chipset drivers for that motherboard, and also make sure you download the newest drivers for the usb ethernet card

If you have a pci sound card, try moving that to a different pci slot. I have generally seen this when there is a problem with the interrupts corresponding directly to the gfx and audio cards. If not, than at least we have eliminated one thing :D

Has any new driver been installed on the computer? This could just as easily be related to the driver as it is to the hardware. Perhaps an updated driver is misbehaving on his system.

If this all started with a driver update, he might want to go back to the previous driver version until the next update comes out.

Unfortunately he cannot remember when it started, so it makes it alot harder to pinpoint the problem...i have even tried reformating, but that didnt help.
He seems to think it happened when we installed the driver for the USB to fast ethernet adapter, but I am unable to find any drivers for it newer than 2002.
He won't let me open the computer, so I cannot install a network card, so we had to do it this way to share the internet

I think using a PCI ethernet card may be a better solution. There also cheaper, in the range of $10.

Question about the share internet point, is his computer acting as a gateway? are you going through his computer to use the internet?

I always say this but if thats the case then take back the USB Network card and get a router. It not as much a hassel to setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back