BSOD been happening alot lately.

Z

ZipTriX

Lately my pc has been crashing uncontrolably. 5 minutes ago, it crashed. I managed to notice that it had something to do with the win32k.sys file. Didn't catch the error message. What is the importance of this file and how do I correct this?

System Specs
Abit KT7A-RAID
1 gig TBird
1024 MB Ram
Geforce 3
SB Live 5.1 Platinum
2 BRAND NEW ATA133 Matxor Hard Drives (60 & 80 GB running at ATA100)

Ok just crashed again. Error had something to do with locked_pages. How can I fix this problem?

I think it's bad ram. Try different ram modules at a time to identify if it's ram.

OK I have 2 256 sticks and a 512. I'm going to take the 512 out, run my system for a couple days and see if I crash again. Let you know in a couple days.

Wouldn't bad ram also cause excessive crashing with explorer.exe?

I removed the 512 stick, and now everything lags really bad. MY fps in counterstrike went from a steady 99 to 4-15 fps. Could this mean that the bad stick of ram is still being used?

most definetly...try using one atr a time, starting with the 512..I had the same problem

New update. After taking out one 256 stick (stick A), I was running the 512 and the other 256 (stick B). Everything ran fine (no CS lag). So then I took out Stick B, leaving just the 512, and everything is running fine still (Still no CS lag).

How come, when running all 3 sticks, CS ran fine; but when it was running just Sticks A & B, CS lagged?

You still had the Bad RAM in the socket, so, Im guessing thats why.
Now, with 512&256, you have 256mb more than the 2x256 ones (duh)
Thats gotta help too.

Just keep using the 512 and 256 "b" which you said, it ran fine.

*Sell the bad ram at ebay :- ) *

Update: I took both 256 sticks to be tested. Result: Both sticks are fine.

They were tested with some program that tests each byte, and 200 passes were done. So could it be a bad ram slot?

Originally posted by ZipTriX
Update: I took both 256 sticks to be tested. Result: Both sticks are fine.

They were tested with some program that tests each byte, and 200 passes were done. So could it be a bad ram slot?

Sounds like it... Try different ram modules in different slots.

I've been having the same problem with the win32k errors and whatnot with cs, I shoot someone then it just frezzes and exits/restarts, I doubt it's my ram cause I've been running fine since I got it. I reformatted last week due to a virus, but this dumb BSOD just popped up a few days ago and I got all my paging files etc. correct

I blame Micro$oft

Starting over. I put all the RAM back in so I could get the exact error. Well 6 hrs after putting the RAM I got the blue screen. This happned after playing Starcraft. When I exit the game, it seems that the game doesn't fully close. It stays in the taksbar and taskmanager. It reads not responding, in taskmanager, but won't close completely, when I hit End Task.

Exact error is: Process_Has_Locked_Pages 0x00000076 (0x00000000, 0x858866F8, 0x00000001, 0x00000000)
Slot 1 (closest to cpu) 256 (Stick A)
Slot 2 512
Slot 3 256 (Stick B)

Now I took out Stick A. I will report if I get the BSOD again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back