Bsod 1 Gb Ram Running Unrealtounrament 2004 Or Doom 3 Or Sims 2 !!!!???

lordjad

OSNN Junior Addict
im having a problem which is that in some games like unreal tournament 2004 or doom 3 in some levels that require lots of graphics and ram capacity its giving me a blue screen (i think a dump of physical memory) and restarting.
so i downloaded a program called memtest which tests your ram for any errors and stuff when i ran the test on my 1 gb ram ddr 400 (2 x 512 mb ) it automatiocally gave me the blue screen error and restarted, so what i did is that i took out one 512 mb and ran the test it gave me no error and the test told me there were no error in it . i then took off the good 512 and put the other and the test ran fine .. but when i put them together the test doesnt run at all. then i decided to run the unreal tournament 2004 and the doom 3 levels which werent launching previously onm a 512 mb ram stick and they ran smoothly with no problem or restart but when i put both the 512 it gives me a blue screen and restarts..
anyway i ran the program memtest and i specified enno let him scan not all the rams bass shi 650 mb out of the 1024 (remember there are the rams that windows and other small programs are using so its not a pure 1024 mb ) and the program run smoothly and gave me no error but when i specify lets say 700 mb ram it restarts ....

Intel D865GBF MOBO
Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ 800mhz/1GB cache
1 GB DDR 400 (2 Sticks of 512 MB)
HDD 40 GB 7200 RPM
Nvidia Geforce FX 5600 128 MB
Winfast Leadtek TV 2000 XP Deluxe
WinXP Pro

did you check the temperature, i have an intel mobo back home and when i played the smallest game, the finding nemo game, i got an alert saying that my mobo was 51 degrees, you might need to add in a few fans and stuff

well on my intel active monitor i have 64/100 (processor zone), 40/100, (system zone 1), 41/100 (system zone 2) with an rpm of 3800 /7500, and ususally when it gets oveheated i get a beeping sound alerting me of this phenomena, but lately ive purchased 2 extra fans and theyre keeping the temperature usually beneath the 70 /100 in the processor zone so i doubt its temperature related, plus its kinda of weird cause running the memtest without anything in thye background telling it to use "all the free ram" is giving me a BSOD also so its not only the games ... mind you when i took out one 512 mb stick (i did this with both of the sticks .. so its not one of them thats causing this or the other) the game unreal tournament 2004 in the level "robot Factory" and the doom 3 in the level 3 ran smoothly with no BSOD but when i put both sticks its giving me the BSOD.

well that's a problem 64 is way too high for an intel try to limit it to 55 max, it might start burning up at 75 i think try opening the case

did u try updating your bios? might have to do with that

ok lets consider that the problem is overheating then why is running a simple program like memtest on both sticks restarts my pc with a bsod while running a game like gta - vice city for 3 hours on 1280 x 1024 resolution with full graphics doesnt cause a bsod ? (btw the case is opened and usually my rpm is always low... at first i thought like you it must be overheating but when i did the swapping the stick and testing them and and and ... i removed the overheating idea since it showed no logic compared to the ram thing ... (thanks for answering me and for your assitance i really appreciate it ... keep it up)

higher the rpm then, and also check to see that u have the right amount of thermal paste on the cpu, too much or too little can make a huge difference in temps of ur cpu

i doubt it that it's the thermal paste though coz the heat sink come with the right amount on it unless he touched the paste that could cause some problems, or if he put the paste then it's like how you said too much or too little

no, also over time, the thermal paste dries, and becomes no use except glue.

i have the latest bios version and it cant be the thermal paste though i though of it cause the pc has been bought since 5 month only... so i doubt the thermal is old or less than enough.

then make sure your hardware is good enough to support gaming
and in your case you wanna play doom 3 and unreal tournament these require lots of work and you only have intel, as a i told you my intel mobo back home couldn't handle the nemo game

lordjad said:
so i doubt the thermal is old or less than enough.

you'd be surprised how long it can take, somtimes really short times, somtimes really long times, depends, remmber fish when we took urs out, and the cpu stuck to the fan? and that hadnt even been 2 months

lol yea that was funny... oh that wat you meant by glue, i tried getting those alcohol pathces from the pharmacy to put artic silver instead but i didn't know which one to pick, maybe next month i'll get the zalman fan like michael's it's like 70 or 60 dollars

u are suppose to actually use 91% alcohol and a material that doesnt leave residue, but since they dont have the 91% in saudi(gay reasons) thats why i used the alcohol swabs,

u guys the games i mentioned play superbly using 1024 x 768 resolution full graphics and only on some levels the bsod appears ... now when i removed the 512 stick and remained on only one 512 stick and launched unreal it ran (not smoothly ) but good enough with the level "robot factory" for example which was givign me a bsod when using both sticks

hmm, are ur ram sticks two different brands and/or speeds? that could be causing it, because its not reccomended to use different brands or speed together

check to see the brand is compatbile with ur mobo somtimes thsts the problem, never heard of vdata before sounds pretty generic

i e-mailed my corpo and they said its compatible so no problems there

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back