Browsers Poll

I use IE. 90% of all pages are written for IE. It's built in and it's fast to load. I hate installing anything EXTRA on my PCs. All of these browsers that everyone else uses, I am always seeing posts about problems here and there. I want something that is going to work and not require tweaking for each different page I view.

Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1
90% of all pages are written for IE.

And it's because of that fact that people should start using different browsers. Otherwise that will never change.

I'm not going to say site designers are lazy, but ....

.... well, I can't think of a way to finish that sentence. :confused:

Well... there are so many of you who despise Microsoft and just want to use a second rate browser, just so you don't have to use Microsoft's. IE is stable. I used to swear by Netscape at one time, but got tired of it's load time. Anything that is "open source" is usually poorly coded and/or poorly supported and is probably more succeptable to attacks than my up-to-date IE (just isn't as high profile because noone cares about the small 5%). Site designers aren't lazy... they cater to the masses. Why would you create a page that isn't viewed correctly in 90% of people's viewers? Or, why would you spend twice as long coding a page just so that extra 5% of people using a certain browser can see it?

Easy guys. Don't want another perfectly legitemate thread closed.

I'm not trying to bash what people use... I say use what you want. I was just posting my opinion on why... Please don't take it as a flamewar.

That's fair enough, I'm just saying I don't want it to get out of hand :)

I use IE/Avant. And no opinion from me ;) I decided that arguing about such earth-shattering affairs as web browsers will never get a point across, so I prefer hugs.

IE for updates and Opera for normal because its so much faster!

i.e would be beter if it rendered trasparent PNG's ;)

Originally posted by Henyman
i.e would be beter if it rendered trasparent PNG's ;)

It's only alpha transparent PNGs that it can't render, index transparency is ok :)

I may be a little slow, but aren't Mozilla and Firebird the same browser?

Oh, and I use Billzilla's IE for Windows Update.

1.3 What's the difference between Mozilla Firebird and Mozilla?

Mozilla (Application Suite) is a complete suite of web related applications, such as a browser, a mail/news client, a chat client and much more. Mozilla Firebird is just a browser, which makes it a better choice if you already have a mail client for example. Also, since Mozilla Firebird is smaller than the whole Mozilla suite, it's faster and easier to use.

Note, though, that Mozilla Firebird is not just the standalone Mozilla browser. The user interface in Mozilla Firebird differs from Mozilla in many ways.
:)

I use Avant Browser here. Very good and reliable.

Originally posted by tom9042
I may be a little slow, but aren't Mozilla and Firebird the same browser?

Oh, and I use Billzilla's IE for Windows Update.

lol. billzilla.

:cool:

Well, I went and tryed the ones I havent before. Now, im pretty sure im sticking with Avant Browser!! Its nice, works good and all my programs work with it!!

Thanks SPeedY_B for your explanation. I downloaded Firebird and it seems a lot quicker than Mozilla. Now to try Thunderbird as a mail client.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back