[Browser Related] Page is fluffed

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political Access
Page is fluffed!!!!!!

I've just replied to a thread and when I went back to main page I got a load of boxes on the page.
There still here and I can't get rid off them! :eek:

which browser you using and so on and so forth

they gone yet?

oops sorry forgot to say using IE 6 ,sp1.
I had to log out and in to get rid of them and it's only happening here.

when you say "happening". Is it still there? has it occured more than once? can you replicated it?

It's not doing it now but it did do it yesterday too but I didn't think anything of it at the time.
I closed the site then came back and it was gone.

could it be your computer? also were were you going to/from exactly

it looks like explorer screwing up ;)

It's not the pc cause it's only ever happened here.
I posted in members pics then went to the main forum page and onto other pages from there.

Probably just one of them strange things that happen now and again :rolleyes:

Evil Marge said:
It's not the pc cause it's only ever happened here.
I posted in members pics then went to the main forum page and onto other pages from there.

Probably just one of them strange things that happen now and again :rolleyes:

Strange.. I had a similar problem earlier with the same thread.
I posted, and the page never refreshed, I re-checked the thread, still no post, refreshed, nothin.
So thinking my browser had dropped the connection whilst submitting, I reposted, looked at the thread, and my post was there.
Tried to go to my User_CP..nothing, controls only, no content.
Tried New Posts link, same thing. Title loaded, no content tho' :confused:
Closed the browser and reopened a new session.
Viewed the Member's pics thread, and I had 2 identical posts now.
(thx btw whomsoever deleted that 4 me ;))
All's been fine since - happened around 13:30 Greenwich meantime,
and using IE6SP1.
S'pose it coulda been traffic at that time of day, or else my crap browser :p

to my knowledge, it's an IE Bug, when a page isn't fully rendered it messes up like that, I see it every day at work.

Other than that the only thing I could think that it would be is them funky new menu's we have not agreeing with IE. :)

well this isnt a 'finished' version release of vBulletin.. so maybe its the site.

Yeah - it's the hoards of javascript and other bits and pieces of fancy codes which IE can't handle causing it to mess up like that.

I'm guessing the page itself has rendered perfectly, just that it draws those boxes on top cause it can't handle the integrity of the code... thus causes something to that effect. Everytime it happens, you'll notice you get the boxes in different arrangements. You get a similar problem if you have too little memory in your computer.

Basically it's a result on crappy IE not being able to handle it and also the amount of code the vB team have put into vB3 to make it look and dance so fancy.

MdSalih

Vbulletin3 RC3 is released tomorrow. If I am about I will be upgrading immediatly.

There is no new posts reload problem. You just need to refresh the right link.

Just bumping all the pending bugs, so I remember to look at that once vb3rc3 is released.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back