Browser Privacy Scan - At Risk !!!

dreamworks

--== babyface ==--
I have Kerio Personal Firewall 2.1.4 installed with a DSL connection running 24/7 and thus security is one of the priority concern.

A check with grc.com and norton's online security check reveals all ports to be safely stealthed. All except when I come to the last part in Norton's Browser Privacy Scan and the result is At Risk.

This is the decription .. Scan Description:
Checks whether your Web browser releases information about the site you last visited to other Web sites.

Scan Results:
You are at risk of exposing your Web browsing history to other Web sites that you visit.

To Fix This Problem:

Install a personal firewall program that blocks the transmission of personal information
If you have a personal firewall installed, it may not support or be properly configured to protect this information

Is there any way to configure KPF to fix this problem please? Any advise and suggestions would be most appreciated !! Cheers !! :D

I think it's a coupla malicious cookies, but I'm no security expert.

go to the kirio support board, and see what they say

Dealer, wouldn't he want to check the Kerio help forum instead :p ?

BTW managing cookies isn't a firewall's job, so don't expect it to help. What I suggest is that you go into Internet Explorer>Tools>Options>Privacy and turn it all the way up to disabled. Then for the sites that you want to use cookies for click on edit under web sites and add the domain name to the list and click accept.

nice post evolution,..thanx for the help.

and welcome to our board:happy:

Originally posted by dreamworks

This is the decription .. Scan Description:
Checks whether your Web browser releases information about the site you last visited to other Web sites.

You are at risk of exposing your Web browsing history to other Web sites that you visit.

Its not releated to cookies guys.

Thats the HTTP Refer value, it sends the site address that linked you to the current site your viewing. Webmasters collect this info to build a idea of who links to them and how people find there website.

Kerio is a firewall only and does not throw in the bulk extras like refer blocking. No need to check the kerio help forum, its not supposed to perform this action.

Its not really a huge privacy risk, if your reall concerned about things like this you need a firewall with added privacy features or use a filtering app like proxomitron.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back