Browser Poll

Sorry Ntescape was supposed to be Netscape (Why do I always mix up 2 letters right next to eachother? :))

I use Firebird 0.6.1 all the time, but i still have IE installed as I'm hesitant to uninstall it

I use Internet Explorer becasue its one less application to install, besides its integrated with Windows XP and cant really be removed without screwing things up.

Firebird is my primary also have Mozilla, Opera and MSIE (for those lame sites you often have to go to which wont work with anything else)

and everybody knows I use ie, as it's the only browser that's not an add on...in addition, it has a much easier time with sites that nothing else wants to open...it's as customizable as any other browser for tabs, etc with much smaller add ons, and nothing else benchmarks for me faster at loading pages

since ms has stopped developing ie, alas, I might in the near future be forced to load an add on like firebird

but I hesitate untill something opens more pages then ie...that's when i guess I'll be forced to add on

Originally posted by Admiral Michael
cant really be removed without screwing things up.

With SP1 installed it can be removed safely using the Add/Remove Windows Components part of Add/Remove Programs in control panel, same with the other microsoft integrated programs (Outlook, Media Player, Messenger, MSN Explorer etc.)

thanks for the clarification, i haven't actually done it myself i just knew of the option to 'remove' it

On one monitor Opera is constantly running with two tabs opened to the forums I am at home in. Set to autorefresh every minute.
For other things I mainly use IE and from time to time Firebird.

Well I have Firebird,Opera and IE (Because Bill Gates made me! :) He He!)

Latest Firebird nightlies and IE in XP
Latest firebird nightlies and latest stable Mozilla build in Slackware :)

Spelling error corrected in poll

Just plain old IE for me, it does the job. Ive tried Netscape and Opera and didnt really like either.

FireBird (Nightlies normally) as my primary browser and Opera installed for checking layouts etc.

The SP1 thing for "removing" IE is pathetic, it simply sets the .exe to hidden, which doesn't really have any affect when you have hidden icons showing. :)

using firebird as default. also have ie (duh) and opera and myie2 and mozilla installed.

Huh wat, MSIE is stopping standalone development and other aspects are gonna need OS fixes to make it better. Stupid *******s, fix MSIE with PNG and XML first then you can kill standalone development, that doesnt require OS fixes.

sorry I had to get that out, I am annoyed at having to webcode around MSIE's inadiquacies in those areas

hoho MS's MSIE PNG transparency fix is for the coder to add more code to their webpages, fantasico
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294714
Its like the word Standard has no meaning within Microsoft, unless its a Microsoft "Standard"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back