• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Broken Icons?

vern

Dominus
Political User
The shortcut icons on my desktop seem to have a no icon icon on top of them with the intended icon in the back. Anyone know what is up with this and how I can fix it?

Attachments

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
delete IconCache.db reboot pc - although just deleting it should be ok best to reboot

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data - xp
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local - vista

vern

Dominus
Political User
I haven't changed any icon changers. I will try the suggestions when I get home to my desktop.

Much thanks! Rep should really be brought back so I can rep everyone. :(

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
right click on them, properties, change icon, navigate to where the programs are select the exe and add the icon back.

Pain in the ass i know, but should work

vern

Dominus
Political User
right click on them, properties, change icon, navigate to where the programs are select the exe and add the icon back.

Pain in the ass i know, but should work
Doesn't work. As you can see from the screenshot of the icon, the program icon is actually there ... just hidden behind an unknown filetype icon.

bush dogg

OSNN Senior Addict
Political User
I don’t know what could have caused that but they should be just shortcuts to the program, if you click on one will the program open that is supposed to?

Also because one is on top of another one I wonder if you could drag the top shortcut to the recycle bin and the bottom one “original” would stay put?

What happens if you right click and select delete on one…because there are two maybe it will just delete the top one unless there tied together somehow.

vern

Dominus
Political User
The shortcut works as it is supposed to and it is actually just one icon ... just with a missing icon icon overlayed over the intended icon. Very dumb bug or whatever this is.

micheljaw

OSNN One Post Wonder
Yes,you do right click on desktop, then properties, change icon, navigate to where the programs are select the exe and add the icon back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debbieherrin