News Brits to get Windows 7 for £65

I guess it does pay to be a Brit... sometimes :p

Windows 7 Boxes

After confusing customers with European editions and upgrade versions, Britain will be able to buy a full copy of Windows 7 for just £65 – a massive discount on the full price and what Americans will be paying.

At the moment on Amazon.co.uk, a Home Premium version of Windows 7 can be bought for just £64.98 – what the site calls a 57 per cent discount. The Professional version is on sale for £149.98, a discount of 32 per cent, while the Ultimate edition is available for £168.98, a discount of 26 per cent.

Those prices are significantly less than what’s on offer in the US. On Amazon.com, the versions are selling for $199.99 (£121.65), $299.99 (£182.48) and $319.99 (£194.64) – meaning the UK is paying less for Microsoft products than Americans, a change from the usual situation.
ITPro

But do we want it?

Personally Windows 7 marks my final jump away from ever intentionally running any M$ OS.

And the beginnings of Google coming in. I'll tell you one thing about the way they work - their OS will be free.... but scary in it's advertising potential and never willingly used by anyone with the slightest civil liberties concerns!

Well, I've been Brazen enough to avoid Vista altogether on my home system, letting others take the sucker punch, so Windows 7 is worth it (The system I've inherited has a OEM home premium vista license on it, which I promptly upgraded to windows 7)

I know some stuff is more expensive in the UK, but it seems like all the really good stuff is way cheaper. Can I come over there and live?

Most stuff is more expensive in the UK. Its the main reason we're not using the Euro yet, the uneducated masses would realise how much they're being ripped off.

If you're at university, and your university has a MSDNAA subscription, you can get Windows 7 for free. Just something to note.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back