British Telecom

I had to get my mate in to replace my line after it came down in a storm, because BT could not do it for two weeks.

Well you have to be careful as they could sue you for it. Though I would say nothing to them, if someone does turn up just say
came back from work, school or woke up the next day and oddly it was back up.

Just be careful is all i can say, B-T are o.k. most of the times, but they can be real @rses the rest of the time.

no you dont say any stupid **** like that, you just say a "BT engineer has already been out but you can check it over if you like"

i have fixed my own line plenty of times, and the above line works like a charm. Usually they check it over and leave within a few minutes

Duh bt have records of all their visits. They would know no-one has been atall before to repair it.

yeah but unless you decide it could be fun to wire it into a HT transformer they arent going to complain. From their point of view if you break it further they cna bill your £200 for reinstallation of a brand new line so they win either way.

Lee said:
Duh bt have records of all their visits. They would know no-one has been atall before to repair it.

i worked for a short period of time with BT Customer Support, things get lost and there are too many engineers that go out on calls for them to care whether someone has been out at 1 particular address. It costs them too much in terms of used resources to check all the records for a particular day or week to see if someone has in fact been out before.

Lee, it appears to me while being a member of this forum that you really have an issue with trying to make people sound stupid without actually having a first hand knowledge of what you are talking about.

thekore said:
Lee, it appears to me while being a member of this forum that you really have an issue with trying to make people sound stupid without actually having a first hand knowledge of what you are talking about.
Sound?
I was trying to stop the guy from making a mistake and making sure he didn't get bt charging him for somone elses work if they then found a fault.

As for first hand knowledge my neighbour is a 'bt engineer' his depo is in leybourne.

Ohh yes I do have conversations with my neighbours and yes this scenario came up when the telegraph pool over looking my home decided to release it's cables due to high winds 6 months back.

You must really get off your high horse.

thekore said:
i worked for a short period of time with BT Customer Support, things get lost and there are too many engineers that go out on calls for them to care whether someone has been out at 1 particular address. It costs them too much in terms of used resources to check all the records for a particular day or week to see if someone has in fact been out before.
True,my mother had engineer's out 3 times once and BT didn't even know anyone had been :rolleyes:

:yes:
Actually if I remember right it was 4,another guy came out 2 weeks later to fix the problem which was had been fixed by the first guy :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back