BRILLIANT [snark] windows mobile 'feature"

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
so, my phone tells me it's down to 10 percent batteries, good info right there, I finnsh up my work and shut the screen off so I can keep getting calls as long as possible

so guess what,

about a half hour later my phone lights up like a christmas tree to tell me my battery is crytically low, of course by lighting up to tell me this it cuts the useable battery time down by about ten minutes

pretty stupid warning if you ask me

Last edited:
Would you rather have an air raid siren? There are people who need to have visual stimuli, letting them know that is something wrong. For the very same reason there are the lights on the dashboard of the car, the ones that say Check oil, service engine, ya' know the "idiot lights."

Would you rather have an air raid siren? There are people who need to have visual stimuli, letting them know that is something wrong. For the very same reason there are the lights on the dashboard of the car, the ones that say Check oil, service engine, ya' know the "idiot lights."
once you acknowledge the first low battery warning, if the phone is not used it should not light up again to tell you not to light it up again

That would be obvious, but when someone invents the idiot proof concept, someone else invents the better idiot. Some things you just have to accept in a technological society. Unless you design it yourself, than you can make it as customizable as you want.

I agree, Perris. Whenever my phone does that I just wanna go "YEAH I KNOW SO DON'T FREAKING TURN YOUR ENTIRE SYSTEM INTO HIGH GEAR TO TELL ME".

There must be a way to make it do something else...

My phone just has two screens that come up besides the standard battery meter and exclamation point. One says "Battery is very low. Please charge blah blah" The next one comes up after a few more hours. "Battery is critically low. Please charge asap blah blah". Keeps it simple, no lights or air raid sirens.

The main status light on mine is Green when good, orange when charging and red when critical. But it still lights up to tell me the battery is low.

That is a good point perris, but can I ask what the first warning says/does? Is it informational, does it have a type of acknowledge/OK button, or does it perform more like a snooze?

Also to be taken into consideration, there are apparently pre-established thresholds on your phone that it will warn you at for battery life. You appreciate the 30 minute mark, while others might appreciate the 30 minute mark to work faster and then watch for the 10 minute mark. I see your point in being able to turn it off/supress if so desired, but I think there is also some usefulness to it.

That is a good point perris, but can I ask what the first warning says/does? Is it informational, does it have a type of acknowledge/OK button, or does it perform more like a snooze?

Also to be taken into consideration, there are apparently pre-established thresholds on your phone that it will warn you at for battery life. You appreciate the 30 minute mark, while others might appreciate the 30 minute mark to work faster and then watch for the 10 minute mark. I see your point in being able to turn it off/supress if so desired, but I think there is also some usefulness to it.
it gives a great preliminary warning which you have to acknowledge

from there on if you are not using the phone it should not warn again

i understand your point if you are using the phone but i am talking about when the phone is otherwise sleeping

if you are using the phone it wants to tell you your gonna get closed down, this should happen maybe one time after the initial warning and that should be a user set perameter...but those warnings don't bother me and if it's too hard for them to give a more adaqaute user interface i understand

but there should be no further warning if the device is not being used

MY old phone used to do the same thing and I always thought it was pretty dumb. Once the battery was almost dead it would beep and vibrate every 5 minutes?

as the great Ed Crowley once said:
"There are seldom technical solutions to behavioral problems"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back