BridgeIt

S

S1RE

Anyone ever played Pontifex or Pontifex II its pretty neat bridge building game but lacks the technology of today, til I find BridgeIt.

I downloaded the 177mb game demo to be told my hardware is incompatible, and that I need a GeForce 4 Ti or GeForce FX. My video card is better than a GeForce 4 Ti - maybe some FX's too but this is annoying how companies are focusing games towards a single market.

I've owned nothing but NVIDIA til now and they come out with something I like and I can't play it b/c it won't launch, this is stupid I'm sick of monopolizers!

uhhhh....ive got the West Point Bridge Builder, but its not really a game. i dont really see how building a bridge can be fun, but now im gonna look for that game and give it a try.

i have played pontifex and it maybe sounds weird but its really challenging to build a brdige with limited budget, and hoping it doesnt collapse...

Originally posted by S1RE
Anyone ever played Pontifex or Pontifex II its pretty neat bridge building game but lacks the technology of today, til I find BridgeIt.

I downloaded the 177mb game demo to be told my hardware is incompatible, and that I need a GeForce 4 Ti or GeForce FX. My video card is better than a GeForce 4 Ti - maybe some FX's too but this is annoying how companies are focusing games towards a single market.

I've owned nothing but NVIDIA til now and they come out with something I like and I can't play it b/c it won't launch, this is stupid I'm sick of monopolizers!

welcome to the world of pc based console monopolies...

Yea it does get extremely challenging, I've been playing Pontifex II and got up to Medium 7 before I got stuck. Pontifex is cool it just looks like BridgeIt is the same game with better graphics. I hate NVIDIA now.

do a search on the ati version of the open gl wrapper. this may allow you to play after all. it allows nvidia demos to be played on ati cards. :)

Okay okay I think I found it - did a search for "ati opengl wrapper" and found this link: http://www.rage3d.com/articles/atidawning/

Installation

Unzip and place opengl32.dll into the bin directory of the installed demo. Default example would be c:\program files\nvidia corporation\nvidia demos\dawn\bin

There is no bin directory in the BridgeIt Directory so where do I put this file to enable gameplay?

Okay I even downloaded the Dawn Demo and installed it and copied the opengl32.dll into the dawn/bin directory and I get an error "This program requires an NVIDIA GeForceFX-class GPU or better to run. Unsupported features: NV_point_sprite"

Now why is this....

Okay I even downloaded the Dawn Demo and installed it and copied the opengl32.dll into the dawn/bin directory and I get an error "This program requires an NVIDIA GeForceFX-class GPU or better to run. Unsupported features: NV_point_sprite"

Now why is this....

you need a wrapper...

search for it @ www.rage3d.com

they had links to it a while back...

-note-

there are some graphic images of the ati chimp in the buff in the same thread... please do not be shocked :)

Okay this is beginning to be annoying everyone suggesting something and not giving a direct link to the file.

I have a wrapper for 1 the file is called opengl32.dll - or is this not it?

Also there is no search engine at R3D so how the hell do I find anything besides browsing for hours. ;)

I also have no idea what you mean by the ati chimp!

Okay found this link and the wrapper download link has script error!

http://www.rage3d.com/cgi-bin/news/search.pl?keyword=wrapper

Since we're *****ing about the new video card compatibility crisis. Homeworld 2 is (was I got my money back) being unbelievable unstable on my 9500 PRO. I know it says "played best on Nvidia" but the following is offensive:

2 out of 3 times it locks my PC during launch. Can ctl-alt del but task manager never opens.

When it does launch most times the ship textures are totally hosed. A few white planes show up where ships should be. When I zoom at some focus points the textures will appear, at most they won't.

It is the only game I can not alt-tab in and out of. It usually ignores the command.

If I leave MSN Messenger up when a friend logs in the entire screen flickers for up to a minute.

If I get a successful launch, play a game, and then exit the next launch I am guaranteed either a lock up or the hosed textures.

How badly was this game coding screwed up that it won't even work with Win XPs exception handlers? (No BSOD just locks.)

What is bizarre is I have 2 friends with ATI cards who are playing HW2 with no reported problems.

Yes, I have reinstalled/updated drivers CATA 3.7, VIA hyperion from last month, etc. Reinstalled the game twice. Run no unusual background tasks while playing. Tried killing various features in ATI setup and the game setup with minimal improvements. Default on the ATI settings seems to work least bad.

I play 4-5 video games regularly with all settings max'd no problems. Now this POS comes out and it's a total disaster. Not a good sign for the gaming future. Maybe they will come up with dual AGP slots soon. Put a Radeon in one and an Nvidia in the other and Windows can auto detect and dynamically switch cards when you start a game...

BTW When the damn thing worked the graphics were a thing of pure beauty.

PS I'l check into the opengl wrapper.

EDIT:

%$*&^)%* Catalyst 3.8? When did that come out?

What the heck does this have to do with BridgeIt or the Dawn Demo?

I have a friend that has a GeForce 3 Ti 200 and he has absolutely no problems with it- because its NVIDIA probably- I run that game also without any problems!

Can I get some help with my issues here! Stop stealing my topic!

Actually it does. Issue is game compatibility.

Try catalyst 3.8 drivers just released today.

Get the opengl wrapper after trying the new catalyst. It is on either of the sites posted above.

PS You? you! Why does it always have to be about you. Wait, sorry brain fart thought my wife was *****ing at me.

LMAO!

Okay I just installed the 3.8 drivers and downloaded the opengl32.dll (wrapper) and its still not working and its getting on my nerves b/c I'm really trying to play BridgeIt not DAWN! =P

Well this is gonna sit in the vague for a while as I can see.

IF ANYONE OUT THERE KNOWS HOW TO GET BRIDGEIT RUNNING ON ATI GRAPHICS CARDS PLEASE POST HERE!

Oh so you mean I should ask Chronic Logic or NVIDIA how I can play it on my ATI ?

Oh so you mean I should ask Chronic Logic or NVIDIA how I can play it on my ATI ?

... yes, why not try? dont get an attitude. an AOL guy once helped me setup LINUX, anything is possible. just depends on which person you get, and how s/hes feeling.

They would ignore me and if you think not then you write them and impress me I'm not waisting my time with NVIDIA they are half baked all the way.

im not here to impress, im here to address my stress. this site is relaxing to me.

goodluck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back