bridge / ics / 3comps 1 modem no hub

F

foog

Hi, any ideas help answers appreciated, thanks for your time

Foog.

Heh heh...a man of few words eh.

I never saw anything like that before.
I guess you could bridge it but I'm guessing.

My suggestion.
Get a hub.
Better yet get a cable NAT router/4 port switch.
An a drawing package (optional).

Good Luck.

haha

haha thanks, all good advice but none of its an option, i just did a fresh re-install so i only had paint installed, i'll try that setup out tommow, but i dont think it will work now i would need to bridge to 80.0.213.* in order to get web access its all too annoying so im installing my proxy again. who needs hubs when yourve got a billion network cards about the house !! direct connect with crossover works great everytime, thanks for the reply.

Foog.

You need to bridge allright. Bridge 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.3. But I'm not sure you can since ICS already uses 192.168.0.1. Post your results.

Or if you have some old computer left over besides the cards, plug as many as you can into it and bridge the cards. Voila, a HUB! :D

hell yeah

Yay *hops around in a circle*
its all working, i will post detailed info tommow, but all comps have access to each other and the web useing ics and bridge, i have 4 little flashy comps in the right hand of my screen and its all good :) who needs a switch or a router!! hahah

Foog.

:)

i am posting this in the hope this might help someone if they need to setup the way i have, seems simple, and i suppose it is (now i know how).
I did not think i would be able to do it by reading the help file in xp about not being able to use bridge and ics together, guess it means the ics server which you should never want to bridge anyway.

right im going to re-write my firewall rules now, thanks for the help....

Foog.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back