Break Down of It All

Tuffgong4 said:
I think the pic for liquidram is good I just see some tweaking from an artist stand point and from an advertising marketing standpoint

the artwork is good just the colors clash more than they go together...maybe a more subtle orange with a greenish hue could blend better with the nice background you have

also from the ad marketing side the overall look of the ad looks like 3 separate pieces more than one solid piece...what I mean is that the main (Liquidram) looks separate from the statement(Bring it don't sing it) and both look distant from the background...

I think finding a font for both text parts that are closer in design would flow better to the eyes and making the fonts sizes that aren't as close would show more strength in the presentation...

I know it may sound like a lot but since you are as good at graphics as you are I think you will know what I mean...

I would like to see the other examples if possible...

I understand what you mean ... but he doesnt make money off this and its only for his LAN Parties and such. He is happy with it and that matters more than the artistic side of it. Believe me, I prefer to do it right but he is buying the Bawls so he is the one who needs to like it. :D

I wonder (shall remain nameless)why he was calling whoever a (I am not saying)?

You should be able to get loads of the educational titles now pseudo you being a student of graphic and web design.

Now that is a good thing :)

Khayman said:
Lets have some civility please
first off i wasnt the one who said anything ...

second something needs to be done about him ...

third this was a thread with something positive i wanted to share and there was no need for his comments

again he ruins what others have to say with attention seeking behavior

Lee said:
I wonder (shall remain nameless)why he was calling whoever a (I am not saying)?

You should be able to get loads of the educational titles now pseudo you being a student of graphic and web design.

Now that is a good thing :)
yes and no... the licenses for various software i would need / use are for educational purposes only and not commercial use. then again it can be a tax write off so either way its a good thing... now i need an accountant :D

Good accountants are what we all need, I have an idea, you could do that in the evening also, save yourself a packet, 'accountancy classes.'

PseudoKiller said:
Well so far I have a web site that needed a logo ... and he is going to pay me in Bawls. I can deal with that.

www.liquidram.net

Heres the logo I did ... or one of the variations I did... along with a logo I am trying to get apprived for a club I am in called PACS. Opinions?? Please I need constructive critques!!

:confused:

was it me or was a post taken down or something?

Tuffgong4..There was a childish comment made that had nothing to do with the thread or giving an opinion :rolleyes:

Nice job PK :D

I wish you luck as well PK :D You should do fine if you market yourself well, build up a portfolio and maybe even develop a flair in a certain area? Also maybe if you do small pro-jobs for charities and other places you could built up your contacts and reputation that way :)

thanks for all the well wishing ... I hope it can all work out, I wont TB create issues in this thread any longer.

On to better and more positive things.

like coffee.
as daft as it may sounds, I would be happy to provide a reference as you have done alot of GFX for this site... and there might be a little more too :p

what do you use to create your graphics in?

Electronic Punk said:
like coffee.
as daft as it may sounds, I would be happy to provide a reference as you have done alot of GFX for this site... and there might be a little more too :p
Dont tease me like with the gaming server...

I could always use good references let alone a good portfolio.

well because I have to...Fireworks, Photoshop, Gimp?

I almost only use photoshop but since I'm about to try my hand at flash bk suggested fireworks and freehand...

also I wanted to know because I have a lot of photoshop tutorials on my computer that have helped me more than any class or book I've ever used

I primarly use Photoshop, some Illustrator and right now I am working with Corel's Paint (I am getting version 9 later this month)

I havent spent time in Flash or Freehand ... I can get my head around it, yet. I use to say the same thing about PS but I finally got some learning with that one. Hopefully Flash will eventually come to me.

how is corel's paint compared to PS...also have you used Paint Ship Pro?

Tuffgong4 said:
how is corel's paint compared to PS...also have you used Paint Ship Pro?
Paint is nothing and I mean nothing like PS... It is literally like painting with pixels. Lots of filters and brushes but how you work with them is very very different than PS.
I used to mess with PSP but I didnt like how it handled layers. That was a long time ago. I prefer PS anyway. Its the industry standard so I figure I will stick with that.

cool...you need me to post any of the links for the tutorials I use pm me (preferably in your pajamas)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back