boycott Starbucks

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to
Let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they
Send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the
Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.
So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by
buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open.
I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that
doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house.
If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and no one will never know.
Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

Sgt. Howard C. Wright
1st Force Recon Co
1st Plt PLT
PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS. .. ALLOW IT TO BE PASSED TO ALL IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE DIED SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO SUPPORT THEM OR NOT!!

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit the fire
fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by
for water for the survivors and workers and Starbucks charged them! ! !

JUST A NOTE TO THIS: STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES IN THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS.
There are also 227 stores across the UK and there's no doubt that our
soldiers would get the same response from this company.

just because they dont agree with the war. doesent mean they have to piss on soliders.

i never cared for starbucks, and now i officially hope they go bankrupt...

Tim Hortons FTW! :)

just because they dont agree with the war. doesent mean they have to piss on soliders.

i never cared for starbucks, and now i officially hope they go bankrupt...

Tim Hortons FTW! :)
this story doesn't ring true, starbucks knows a little more about marketing then this story indicates, it seems to me a pedestrian effort to undermine the starbucks franchise

if the story is true I will certainly boycott the corporation but I think this is a letter far from the truth

will find out soon enough

all it takes to **** up a company is one person, this has been seen many times before, look at a few banks that have collapsed due to rouge traders.

Dont know if its true or not but got it from a friend and he norm checks these stories out first

edit: seems this time he never :(

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/starbucks-iraq.htm

either that or they did a quick about turn ;)

Just another **** chain letter. Delete the thing and move on.

oh gawd.. this old thing again.. this has only been circulating almost since since the war started..

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/starbucks-iraq.htm
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/hoaxes/hoaxDetails.asp?HName=Starbucks+Anti-war+Hoax

and remember this one too..
"If you get an e-mail along the lines of 'Osama Bin Laden Captured' or 'Osama Hanged', don't open the attachment.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS:

It is a virus that opens an Olympic Torch which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer.

ah well.......... true or not.......I find overpriced roasted beans, and annoying Barista's too much when all I want is a decent cup of fresh coffee for a reasonable prince

like I mentioned before... Tim Horton's FTW!1

Yeah don't get me wrong, I've been boycotting Starbucks for years as their coffee is over-priced and not very good.

Around here, I prefer caribou myself for overpriced coffee.. their obsidian dark blend is great stuff.

I love Peet's but they don't have many stores in the Chicago area.

For brewing at home, I generally pick up some nice Caribou or Intelligentsia coffee.

Around here, I prefer caribou myself for overpriced coffee.. their obsidian dark blend is great stuff.

I love Peet's but they don't have many stores in the Chicago area.

For brewing at home, I generally pick up some nice Caribou or Intelligentsia coffee.
I like having a comfortable place to sit down, to blog, to talk with friends and strangers, to relax

to me, starbucks coffee is a bargain considering the atmosphere of competing coffee shops in this area, very few are close

the panera bread on the other hand has equally nice atmosphere, unlimited coffee and free internet, this is also a bargain

I really don't go to coffee shops for the coffee

Last edited:
STARBUCKS will close 70% of its Australian stores and slash more than half of its workforce as the once-mighty coffee giant battles an economic downturn in the US, its own rapid expansion and local competition.
Across the country, the company's 84 cafes closed yesterday at 2pm. Employees were summoned to hotel meetings rooms to learn whether their store was one of the 61 "underperforming" to be closed by Sunday or if they were one of the 685 employees to lose their job...

http://www.theage.com.au/national/h...s-starbucks-shuts-61-shops-20080729-3mvb.html

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back