Bought my new laptop

Gary Pandher

OSNN Senior Addict
Hey guys haven't been here for a while researching things about laptops. Finally got one now, check it out.

Sagar 4750
17" WSXGA+
AMD64 3400+
1024MB RAM
60GB 7200RPM HD
ATI Mobility 9700 128MB
4x dvd+-r/rw/cdrw
56K Modem
10/100/1000 NIC
Wireless (b/g)
Bluetooth
4-in-1 Card Reader
6.1 speakers + mic(built in good sound too)
Webcam (built in)
Windows XP SP2

Screens beautiful no dead pixels everything works like a charm and this babys a power house for a laptop :D

Nice specs.
cool.gif

Hope it's going to be a desktop replacement....how much does this thing weigh?

What the big deal about its weight (not talkin about anybody here) but on tv they r like this hefty 8 pounder is gonna be heavy to carry. I mean come on 8lbs? I mean who cares if it is 8lbs its not like u carry around the whole time in your hand all u do is put it in a carrying case and put it over your shoulder and your off. I deal with prob 20lbs or so during school with my backpack. ok i am done just had to get that off since on tech tv they always complain about the weight.

Nice laptop Gary i have been wanting to get one but looks like i have to wait till christmas :(.

TittleBitties said:
What the big deal about its weight (not talkin about anybody here) but on tv they r like this hefty 8 pounder is gonna be heavy to carry. I mean come on 8lbs? I mean who cares if it is 8lbs its not like u carry around the whole time in your hand all u do is put it in a carrying case and put it over your shoulder and your off. I deal with prob 20lbs or so during school with my backpack. ok i am done just had to get that off since on tech tv they always complain about the weight.

Nice laptop Gary i have been wanting to get one but looks like i have to wait till christmas :(.
The problem arises when you carry the extra 8 lbs in addition to the 20 lbs you regularly deal with.
laugh.gif

My notebook weighs about 7-7.5 lbs, and it's not a problem at all when I have just that and a few other papers etc. It starts to get tedious when you throw in bigger books along with that. My friend bought an Inspiron 9100 a couple of months ago...now that beast, I wouldn't want to lug around campus all day...neither does he. =P

really nice laptop man how much did u get itfor?

got it from here

http://pctorque.com/4750.php

they've got some other models too that you guys may wanna check out...
3790 - dothan + 9700 + wsxga or wuxga screen (15.4 or 15)
8790 (WOW) - p4 (EE too) dual channel ram RAID!!!!! (2 60gb 7200rpm drives in raid...wow eh?..or 2 80gb 5400 in a lappy thats just crazy) also a 17" screen

$2941

+3 year warrenty + targus deluxe 312 bag + car adaptor

just didn't add those to the first post

holy hot damn :eek:

3g's :eek:

/me passes out...

you musta been lookin for some desktop replacement :)

btw... no 9800 available for the gfx?

the 9800 is exclusivly available to dell for the first month b4 its release....i dont know..just didn't want a DELL :p most notebooks are gonna try going for pci-e now not the 9800

dunno :)

I thought it was available with other system since there is an ACER notebook making the reviewing rounds with it present inside...

btw the 9800 notebook edition is based off of the r420 series marchitecture... not the r300 series... :)

im not sure but maybe the month is up now...not really sure how long its been out for

agree with Sazar the 9800 is amazing...watched a video from quakecon where the head of Hardocp was talking about how he saw the 9800 in action on a laptop and was running Far Cry at 1600 x 1200 with all setting turned up and ran it perfectly!!!

can't believe that

a laptop wont compare to upgradability and performance of a desktop ever thats for sure

this laptop i got mostly to replace my desktop for while im at uni and other things my desktop will still be my main rig but this will be fore work and other things

from the same video I watched he spoke about how laptops in 18 months to 2 years...which wouldn't make sense for you since you needed it now...will be about as upgradeable and powerful as desktops...also said that the laptop gpus will be able to be upgraded through about 4 product lifecycles in the format they are pushing

btw...hell of a laptop you got there...forgot to put that in my original post

upgrade your sig gary :)

reduce the font size and possibly use horizontal scrolling similar to what I have :)

that way it will be within norms ;)

How about benching the thing and seeing what score it pulls through. The gfx I'm not sure about, the CPu should scream... Would be interesting to see what it benches at...

the gfx card should pull scores similar to what I am able to put up with my card in most situations...

cpu's should be identical (cept his consumes less power @ full speed IIRC)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back