Bottom of window under the taskbar

P

PlagueWielder

Hey

Whenever I maximize a window the "status bar" or the bottom scroll bar always go under the task bar.

Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it??

Heres a pic of it.

Thanks

Yeah, your task bar needs to be set to "Always on Top." Right-click it and select Properties and then check the little box.

Originally posted by muzikool
Yeah, your task bar needs to be set to "Always on Top." Right-click it and select Properties and then check the little box.
That doesn't always work.

hey

Ziptrx was right, it doesnt work anymore. What do u suggest I do now?

Thanks

Try resizing your task bar. Make it 2 lines thick, then maximize a window and see if it does the same thing. If it works, put it back down to 1 line again and see if it fixed it.

is your taskbar set to autohide? probably not as you'd realize that that was the problem... I have mine set to autohide but sometimes, for no reason, it stops hiding when it should and then i get the same effect as what your getting.

Zyfos, when I made it bigger the problem was gone but when I put it back to normal size the bottom of the window was under the taskbar again.

Cruiser78, its not set to autohide.

Any ideas?

Amazing that MS couldn't fix this little bug. They could have at least set it so the windows wouldn't appear behind the taskbar. No matter where I set mine, (left, top, bottom, right) windows will still appear behind it. :mad:

its good to hear that im not the only one whos having this problem. the wierd thing is that it started a couple days ago and before it, everything was fine.

Try this. Open up the properties for your taskbar and turn off "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows". Reboot just for fun. When you get back in, turn "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows" back on.

Originally posted by SmokingWeed3000
Hey

Whenever I maximize a window the "status bar" or the bottom scroll bar always go under the task bar.

Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it??

Heres a pic of it.

Thanks

This thread is kinda confusing Smokingweed asked how to keep the taskbar from covering the status bar, and everyone seems to be trying to help him do the opposite.:p

To keep the taskbar from covering other windows right click on a empty space on the taskbar select properties. then uncheck the box that says 'keep the taskbar on top of other windows'

I somehow fixed the problem, lol. All I can tell you is just play around with the Autohide option (turn it on and off).

Thanks anyway

wtf????? Its back again.

Any more ideas how to solve this?

Once you get it fixed again, reboot and hopefully it will save those settings when it shuts down.

Try dragging the taskbar (once unlocked) to the top of the screen. Then open, then maximize a window. Now drag the taskbar back to the bottom, and the window should shift accordingly.
This sometimes happens at work with MS' Office toolbar

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back