bottleneck... again...

Black-Syth

Comalies
My system is slowing down once again... before i could pull off 15,000+ 3Dmarks in 3dmark 2001 SE. Today i benched it again getting only 7900 3dmarks...

I updated many of my drivers and tested again, same results. What can the problem be? BTW, my card clock speeds are back at stock...

did you install something hardware/software?

Maybe a program running in the background?

take a screenshot of the processes running in the background and post it.

UPDATE:just ran antivirus.... scanned my whole system no viruses found...

what do you mean bootsy? do you want me to post a screen of the processes in Task Manager?

BTW... what the hell is a system idle process... Its constantly on. Can that be the problem?

system idle process will always be using a lot of CPU time, it does just basic system maintainance, it has the lowest priority so anything else wanting more CPU time will take it and System Idle process just has to wait or deal with the leftovers

system idle process is exactly that... measures the idle cpu time. so if your system idle process is at 99, that's normal and good. no real work is being done by the cpu, not even maintenance.

but, yeah... post a screenshot of your processes window, anyway.

run a program like Ad-aware, spyware could be slowing down your machine

yea thats what I meant, just post a screenie of your processes to see what it could be. I agree with Goatman, it would be a good idea to get rid of the spyware...hate that stuff

forget it... the problem was a corrupted driver i downloaded from ATi.com I downloaded it again and i installed it... i came out happy with 14,998 3dmarks... thanks for your help....

If u dont mind me asking, what were u getting with your gforce 4 card ?

In reply to silky62678

I believe i was pulling off 5000-5400 3dmarks at 2.66 Ghz, i never had it running at 3.43 with the GF4

Originally posted by black-syth
before i could pull off 15,000+ 3Dmarks in 3dmark 2001 SE.
Originally posted by black-syth
i came out happy with 14,998 3dmarks...
:eek:
what happened to those 2+ 3dmarks?!?! reformat!

:cool: kidding. glad to hear, man.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back