BootXP

Ci2e

XPert
I have just loaded BootXP and after a reboot it gives me screen that looks like a duel boot with these options:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional
LOGOOS.EXE
Microsoft Windows XP Professional (No Boot Screen)

I really didn't even know how to use this program as there is no FAQ that answers that question that I could find...

Anyone have any clues?

[Update]

I just ran Norton System Works 2002: Norton WinDoctor

and it reported the usual ActiveX Controls and also Windows Startup files Missing! I already don't like this program; someone out there help me fix my problems so that I can enjoy this program as intended :rolleyes:

ok, already told Cire how to do this in "our friendly chat channel"
(Unplug)

But just incase anyone else has this error, here we go...

Go to system properies, advanced, startup and recovery, edit
This is the default boot.ini :

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

Here is the fix for anyone that would like to know; browse to drive C and open boot.ini, this file reads:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
/KERNEL=LOGOOS.EXE
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional (No Boot Screen)" /fastdetect

delete everything you see and paste this in exactly and save and reboot problem should be solved:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]

thanks goes to [e]-Punk for the fix :cool:
Thanks to Punk again from Punk for editing this post to avoid confusion :p

P.S.
LOL you arse! :p

Paste mine, hehe, you seem to have pasted the same thing, lol.

Originally posted by CiRe
Here is the fix for anyone that would like to know; browse to drive C and open boot.ini, this file reads:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
/KERNEL=LOGOOS.EXE
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional (No Boot Screen)" /fastdetect

delete everything you see and paste this in exactly and save and reboot problem should be solved:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
/KERNEL=LOGOOS.EXE

thanks goes to [e]-Punk for the fix :cool:
So delete and paste the samething back? lol

HeH!?

It didn't look like that when I posted it....

but thanks for fixing it anyway :)

wait! don't forget the losers

I read your boot.ini to be pasted and it seems to be only for xp professional. Do I do the same for home edition?

Cire,

No offense, your fix is valid and all, but you might not wanna tell people to paste that into their boot.ini depending how they have their comp set the boot.ini is different, if I pasted that into mine my comp wouldn't boot heheh

just a warning for users to compare the drive entries before cut and pasting.

My suggestion would be for everyone to be carefull when cutting and pasting, especially if your partion is not (1) this could cause your system not to boot, you're better off doing a comparison with the paste from this post and the boot.ini file. Just putting my two cents in, I hope you guys don't mind.

Qumahlin: Thanks for pointing that out; I wouldn't want someone blamming me for chrashing their system... ::rolleyes::

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back