Bootvis - 20 sec freeze up[ish]

K

Kylie

I am at my dads system and trying to optimise a useless 45sec boot up.

If you look at the attatched screenshot of the trace it shows virtually no activity from about 24secs upto 40 secs apart from a minor couple of blips.

All the apps load as normal from 40secs ie: explorer/systray/fast/rundll etc these load within a 4/5 sec interval.

What conmcerns me is the lack of activity from approx 20 - 40 secs any ideas welcomed

K

oooppps screenshoit failed to go up on the above post
look here

does this machine have a nic card? Mine booted in about 60 seconds.. done the same thing, hanging for about 20 seconds. I disabled nic card because I am not using it yet and now boots in 25 seconds flat.

I read in another forum something about this. I need to find it again and try there suggestion. they suggested placing a dummy ip and default gateway in the settings, that this would cause it to boot faster. I dont know how this would work with a dynamic ip though. I will look for the forum after work and see if it will help. I wanted to try this anyways...

more to follow..

thanks - but no network card installed.
Just the basics /graphics agp/ onboard sound/ usb hub

k

update all drivers (ie video card, sound card, modem etc...)

and check too see in networks if there is any local area connection etc...

take a screen shot of your network dialog if u can..

Kylie,

To diagnose this, we need a complete rundown of his computer, Hardware and startup programs. The more specific the information, the more helpful it will be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back