bootup failure

T

toniagop

I haven't had any problems since installing XP
I have
Athlon 1.2
Geforce 3 video card
512 memory
all about or less than 1 yr. old & I had the system built at Maplins - more or less!
Today it just refused to boot up. All I had were dark blue lines across a blue screen. My son opened it up & reset the Cmos & then everything was OK.
Please can someone tell me why this happened as if any hardware is about to fail ie. motherboard, processor, graphic's card, I want to return them before warranties run out! The only other time he had to reset the cmos was when I was trying to install XP & had to swap the graphics card with an older one! Just couldn't install XP with the Geforce 3!!!

toniagop i hate sitting on a time bomb also :(

The only thing to do is backup your data, and run some diagnostics on your hardware

Docmemory for RAM

SiSoft Sandra for other stuff

thanks Max, I keep a back-up on my d drive but where can I find Docmemory, please? When I boot-up the memory shows up OK. I'll get my son to run Sisandra as I don't know how to read rhe results!
I ran a few benchmark tests on Freshdiagnose & in most of the tests, my comp scored the highest but like you say, I hate sitting on a time bomb!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back