Bootup Event Viewer & Taskbar Lockup

D

daleholden

Hi all

Happy Easter

Anybody help out there i keep getting periodic problems on bootup. Everything loads fine but my taskbar has problems loading.

I have tried several fixes but i lkeep getting it. When i check Event Viewer i always get the same errors listed, but i can find nothing at MS Knowlege Base ti fix it

1. Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10005
Date: 31/03/2002
Time: 18:23:30
User: DALE\Dale
Computer: DALE
Description:
DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service ImapiService with arguments "-Service" in order to run the server:
{520CCA63-51A5-11D3-9144-00104BA11C5E}

2. Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7023
Time: 18:15:57
User: N/A
Description:
The IPSEC Services service terminated with the following error:
The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced.

Event Type: Error
Event ID: 7001
Time: 19:33:00
Description:
The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service depends on the Workstation service which failed to start because of the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

4. Event Type: Error
Event ID: 7001
Time: 19:33:00
Description:
The Messenger service depends on the Workstation service which failed to start because of the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have no network connection and i am running ADSL on my machine.

Any ideas its really pissing me off

None of those errors should be having an effect on your taskbar, what exactly is the problem with it loading? does it not lod, load slow, show nothing etc?

Loading Problem

Well the loading problem is simple I get a partial load of icons then as it tries to load Zone Alarm Pro it slows down to nothing and freezes the whole system.

I reboot go to F8 and ask for the last time it worked properly and normally if I do this 1- 3 times it get me back to a fully working system.

Even when it works fully Zone Alarm Pro takes 60 seconds to load!

I have tried removing this and reinstalling but it stays the same. Last time I removed it I noticed it loaded slightly faster but then had problems with Explorer that took 3 minutes to open the 1st time, this is now sorted and it open in a second.

When it running it is fine I have tried running sfc /scanow, tried running Ontrack Sysytemsuite, but still get the problem intermittently.

Somedays i have no problem!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back