bootable xp?

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
when i format my computer is it possible to boot straight into xp without installing a lower os first?

forcer

Sure...just get into the BIOS, make sure the CD drive is first in the boot sequence, and boot from the XP CD. Once setup begins, you can format your drives, and install XP directly without installing an older OS.

oh so i can format from the xp cd?

i wud of booted from floppy formatted booted from disk then installed xp but thats not necessary?

it didnt work, i put xp in choose 1st boot cdrom from the bios, then says not found whenit searches.

why is it doing this? :S

am i right in believing i can type like

X:\I386\setup

or something and it will install from dos i think i done something like that b4 cant remember the exact command like tho.

All you need to do is : Make sure your bios is setup to boot FIRST from cd-rom. Then be sure you have the XP cd in your cd-rom. If you have two cd-roms. Like a burner and a dvd. You might need to try both of them. If this does not work for you then you download a lame ver of Win XP off of Kazza !!!!

nope ive done exactly what u said and i only have 1 drive but it doesnt work and i dont have a "lame version off kazaa"

Originally posted by forcer
and i dont have a "lame version off kazaa"

Read... thats your problem. Your not reading right ! Read what you have been told to do and it will work.... Reason I tell you to read is : I didnt say you have a lame ver of Kazza. I said you got a lame ver of Wins xp OFF OF kazza !!!

:p

what?

if you are saying i downloaded my win xp off kazaa then your wrong.

am i right in believing i can type like

or something and it will install from dos i think i done something like that b4 cant remember the exact command like tho.

can any1 follow me up on this?

thanx

not sure ive had my computer 2 years in november so not too long.

there is no reason why it shouldnt boot from the bios !!!

Double check your BIOS settings.... hold down the Delete key in most mobos to get to the bios to come up. If the delete key doesnt work, try F2 and F8 or even the tab key !!

set ALL the boot options to cd-rom !!!

how do i do that although i dont think its necessary.

do u on anyhting about doing it this way, or any1 else

no.. all i do is put the cd-rom ( winxp) im my drive , then re-start the computer and it boots right off the cd........

Dood, screw the dos crap, Set you bios like everyone told you and then put your cd in. If it doesn't work, get a new one, cd that is. Other wise it probably is a Copy of someones off Kazaa:eek:

i have tried. why waste time telling me the same thing.

-i have put all my boot sequence to cd rom inserted xp cd but it didnt work, if you are gunna reply to tell me that i have a version off kazaa or to change my boot records plz dont waste your time or mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back