Bootable memory stick

ZeroHour

ho3 ho3 ho3
Hi
I have a 64mb memory stick and I was wondering if any had a clue how to make it bootable with DOS in windows 2000?

Cheers

Debian and Knoppix support it but couldn't find anything on windows. Bummer it would be great to ditch the floppy in favor of a usb stick.

my 512Mb usb drive came with software to do it? i can make it bootable......................................

BUT, your computer must support booting from USB. If it doesn't, you can't do it, how many software apps you install.

Glaanieboy said:
BUT, your computer must support booting from USB. If it doesn't, you can't do it, how many software apps you install.
What he said .. w/out a bios that supports it (or some kind of bios overlay) you can't boot from USB device :(

You got me interested. My ^*%*^(_ bios supports boot from everything USB except a memory stick. Dam thought I had finally got rid of the floppy. :(

floppys are your friends :)

/me hides from flying disks

/me throws some slightly sawed up floppy disks at Xie

i use xp + it's kingmax software that came with it on cd, it formatts, partitions and makes it bootable :D

Henyman said:
i use xp + it's kingmax software that came with it on cd, it formatts, partitions and makes it bootable :D
Yes but does it also grab you a soda and make your bed? Xbox2 will :rolleyes:

Got a solution I think.
I got a distro of linux to work on it.
Anyone find a way to make a bootable floppy that will then boot the usb stick?
Dont need it for alot of the bios'es I work on but it would be nice to have.

Cheers

But I thought you were trying to get rid of the floppy?

Why not just make a bootable CD? :D

ZEROHOUR

I tried the USB ZIP (as well as all the others) and it didn't work. I'll keep poking around but I think it's just not supported in bios.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back