Bootable CD With XP and Service Pack

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
Has Anyone been able to make a Bootable CD using the method shown in:- http://www.tacktech.com/
I copied it exactly as shown, but just kept getting the messgae that the file couldn't be found.

done that and it works

yes, it works flawlessly (so far). just follow closely the instructions at tacktechdotcom and youre' good to go.
please tell more about your process of doing the bootable.

My problem was trying to run the command to extract the Service Pack, Extract the Service Pack from the Run Dialog using the command:

C:\XP\XP-SP1.EXE -U -X:C:\XP\XP-SP1

I just kept getting the message that the file didn't exist.

C:\XP\XP-SP1.EXE -U -X:C:\XP\XP-SP1

this command however depend on where and what folder you used, the "C" in this case refers to the letter of your hard drive
the "XP" refer to the name of the folder you use which contains your sub-folders(cd-root, xp-sp1- xp-boot)
check your drive letters, folders and sub folders for the correct path of the command.

just manually extract your sp1, right click on the sp1, extract all and create a new folder name it to xp-sp1 and extrat it there.
good luck. it's just a command to extract your sp1.

Ref: Slipstream

I followed the directions in the Tacktech site, and got the error with the command. But after several attempts I decided to unpak the SP1 into XP-SP1 folder and then run the last command. It worked. Good luck. Just copy and paste in the run. I also used the latest version of Nero to make a bootable CD with the integrated version. Don't forget to make the three folders he is refering to.
Peter

I used the same command >> C:\XP\XP-SP1.EXE -U -X:C:\XP\XP-SP1

Kept getting errors all the time. Could not find file. I change the name of SP1 back to what it was & away it went, no hassle.

How can you tell whether it worked 100%?

The problems are probably caused because complex folder names like
"XP-SP1" confuse the executable into making it think that "XP"is the name of the directory and "-SP1" is a parameter.

Try sort, single-word folder & executable names like "SP1" and "SP.exe", respectively

this will work 100%.
Hipster Doofus, just a suggestion.
if i were you, instead of trying to run that command just manually extract the xpsp1(right click the sp1.exe> extract )to a folder named "XP-SP1" which is a sub-folder of "XP" located at drive "X" (X being your whatever drive letter). hope this helps.

I made one today for my workplace, installed it onto 4 computers that were just purchased and it has worked flawlessly, i also tried it at home and it worked.

Back up is right on. This is what I have been saying all along. However, I used the last command to update and it did work

i did it fine. it made a bootable CD with SP1. i formatted and installed it on a machine with no errors.

I think it does. I'm trying to find someone who has done it to home so we can compare sizes. mb's that is. :eek:

ahh, i dunno what to tell u then tho. if u ran the 2 commands and it worked fine with no errors, then u have a valid disk, assumign u burned it right.

lol

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
I think it does. I'm trying to find someone who has done it to home so we can compare sizes. mb's that is. :eek:

Sorry hip if we compared sizes your wife or girlfriend would leave you in a skinny minute better keep that little weenie of yours in your pants dude!!

:p :p :p rotflmfao

Come ere' you!

punch.gif

:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back