Boot Video Problems

Admiral Michael

OSNN Veteran Addict
Well, I built my new system and surprise surprise a problem had arisen. I have a ATI AIW 9600XT Pro 128MB AGP 8x video card (full specs see sig).

Well, when the comp is booting up and going throught the POST and shows the WIdnows XP boot screen the images is slightly compressed vertically and stretched off the screen horizontally.

I called ATI to no avail, I took it back to the store and when they tested it it worked fine there. I was thinking its the mobo BUT I tested it in a different system and it did the exact same thing.

I did get it to work normally, no idea hopw, but when I moved my tower to install some wires, I put it back and now its messed once again. I tried the monitor on the second VGA plug and its boot correctly, but I can't use the tv out function if I strictly use VGA2.

The BIOS and drivers (tho this wouldnt help since its pre-windows) are all up to date.

I'm out of ideas, I'm thinking of sending it in to ATI if I cant get this fixed, I wouldnt care it if was $50 but it was $354CDN +tax!

Please Help Me!
Admiral Michael

Once you've booted up, go to the Video card resolution settings (right click desktop/prop/settings), then change the resolution, and adjust accordingily to make the screen fit your monitor, with the buttons on your monitor. Then repeat with all available resolutions. and you should be fine. i had the same problem awhile back when i upgraded to a 9600XT.

how can I get 640x800 on a xp machine, there is a way but Im busy right now to look.

nevermind bout the 640x480 qiestion, I got it. Changing the monitor settings on the POST helped a small bit but not by much, it still goes off the screen a bit. I shouldn't really have to adjust the monitor, I didnt before.

Remeber it worked after I went to the storetil I moved my case.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back